Keep Calm And Lead On!!
By: Leah Espinosa Period 1
Famous Quotes said by the 4 major leaders
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
- Abraham Lincoln
"The past is dead; let it bury its dead, its hopes and its aspirations; before you lies the future--a future full of golden promise."
- Jefferson Davis
"The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on."
- Ulysses S. Grant
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we would grow too fond of it."
- Robert E. Lee
* Extra Facts *
1. Ulysses S. Grant had all the qualities Abraham Lincoln wanted for to be the commander of his army. Ulysses S. Grant fought hard and was really stubborn in battles. He disliked being defeated.
2. Ulysses S. Grant was elected President twice. In most peoples opinions they would say that Grant did more as a leader of the army than what he did as a president.
3. Robert E. Lee was the South's greatest general during the Civil War.
4. At the Gettysburg address President Lincoln gave a speech that most people would say a "monumental speech".
5. There are only 5 known copies of the speech in Abraham Lincolns handwriting. (THATS SO COOL!!!)
6. The famous quote from Abraham Lincolns speech, "Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal."
* The following facts that you will see are some very ODD facts about Abraham Lincolns assassination *
7. The original plan was to kidnap Lincoln not kill him.
8. The secret service wasn't created during Abraham Lincolns time BUT before Lincoln had left to go to the Ford theater he had signed a bill creating the secret service THAT night.
9. Vice president Andrew Jackson was also one of the targets to be assassinated but his assailant was to "chicken" to do his job.
10. General Ulysses S. Grant was also scheduled to be in the same booth as President Lincoln but he declined by saying he was going with his wife to New Jersey to Visit his relatives.
11.What's really messed up is that Abraham Lincoln almost didn't go to the Ford theater that night. The reason being was that since General Grant declined Abe felt obliged to attend. So, Abraham tried to get Mr. Colfax to go with him instead but sadly Colfax also declined. Making President Lincoln go himself.
3 WHY/HOW questions!!
1. How did the major leaders of the Civil War impact our history?
Well, if it wasn't for their great leadership and their different personality's then many of our history's well known knowledge would be gone because many of the stuff they did is what shaped that time-period of history and if it wasn't for their actions probably many things that we have and rights that we have might won't even exist.
2. How did Abraham Lincoln affect the present?
Well first of all Abraham Lincoln did make the Emancipation Proclamation, which set all slaves free. This was a really big impact for our nation because many slaves got to be free and could live a good life with their families without being tortured or sold away. So in my perspective I would say if it wasn't for that proclamation then I would think there would still be slave trades and stuff going on till this day.
3. Why was the leaders of the civil war important for our history?
The leader of the Civil War are important for our history because we needed them to help lead our country into battle and endure all the stress and effrt it may take to divide and conquer. We also need them for they are the smartest and toughest military leader to help fight for either the Union (North) or the Confederate (South) side.