Scramble Round and ISPP Open House
Didn't Match? Let's Try Again!
Scramble Round Starts Thursday
SNAC will be holding a Scramble Round Open House to help anyone who is applying for Scramble Round. Come ask questions and get help applying anytime on Thursday 4/12 between 9-4pm. Dietetics students who did not match are strongly encouraged to participate in the scramble round.
Things to bring:
- Computer or USB with resume and personal statement
- Any other documents you might want to discuss
Snacks will be provided and faculty will be on site to help you navigate the process.
The Coordinators for the UA ISPP Dietetic Internship Program, Ashlee Linares-Gaffer and Kayle Skorupski, will also be present to provide information and answer questions about the ISPP during this time.
More info on the ISPP is here: https://nutrition.cals.arizona.edu/ispp-program
Thursday, April 12th, 9am-4pm
SNAC (Shantz 238)
What is the Scramble Round?
Scramble Round is the period when unmatched dietetic internship applicants have the opportunity to apply to dietetic internships with open spots. This process is called the "scramble" because it happens very quickly and applicants literally have to scramble to get in contact with programs in order to try to apply. What to expect:
- The list of programs with open spots will be posted here on Thursday, 4/12 at 9:00am MST (11:00am CDT): https://www.dnddigital.com/ada/reports/openiships.php?eid=126123
- As soon as you identify programs that might work for you (based on location, cost, etc.), you will want to quickly go to the program's website to look for any pertinent information they many have posted for scramble round applicants. If you do not see any info, you will want to email, and perhaps call, the director ASAP to find out what is required to apply for their program opening.
- You will need to be ready to email documents (such as resume and personal statement), and be available to do a phone or virtual interview with little notice. Director's typically fill their open spots very quickly so timing is key!