December 14, 2015
- Our class has earned a compliment party which we will have this Friday, December 18th, and everyone is allowed to wear pajamas and bring their favorite board game or puzzle. Please do not send in pillows or stuffed animals. If your child chooses to wear slippers with their pajamas, this is fine, but please send in extra shoes for recess.
- Please send in a new dry erase marker for your child at your earliest convenience. We use these quite often and many of them are drying out.
Winter Break - December 19 - January 3
Deadline to order yearbook - December 11
- The spelling lesson this week is the long i sound in /igh/ as in high and light. We also talked about the suffixes er and est, and how er is used when comparing two things, and est is used when comparing more than two things.
- This week we will discuss how good readers ask questions before during and after reading in order to deepen their comprehension.
- We are completing book reviews in writing on some of our favorite books.
We completed chapter 4 in My Math today. Today we practiced solving two step word problems. A review sheet for the chapter test will come home tomorrow for homework, and the chapter 4 test will be on Wednesday. There will be no addition fact test this week, due to the magnet test being given for science.
We have completed our unit on magnets, and will have a test on Thursday. Your child will bring their science notebook and a study guide home on Wednesday.
FIRST FRIDAY INSIDE OUT SERVICE PROJECT
January 8, 2016 Winter Hat and Glove/Mitten Collection
We will continue our focus on showing kindness inside and outside of the walls of Lake Murray Elementary with a first Friday “outside” service project. On January 8, 2016, we will hold a collection drive for new winter hats, gloves or mittens. All sizes from toddlers to adults are needed.
Please consider having your child purchase one of these items to bring in on January 8. All collections will be donated to local organizations assisting those in need during the upcoming winter season.