November at Woodbrook
Hooray for our Students!
You should be proud of your children! We are!
Thank You Woodbrook Class Parents & PTO!
Our annual Halloween Parade was a wonderful success! It was truly heartwarming to see so many parents at our traditional parade. The children were dressed in fun, child friendly, positive costumes and everyone enjoyed seeing their friends dressed up for the parade!
Thank you to all of the PTO Class Parents for organizing the parties which were enjoyed by all! We are so appreciative of all of your support.
The children are enjoying shopping at the book fair! Thanks to all of the PTO parents for helping make it a great success!
A tremendous shout out to our Math Club coaches & coordinators. Our first week was bumpy and our second week was much improved. Please, if your child attends math club, specifically in grade 4, do volunteer to coach. We are still short some coaches.
Sign Up for the PTO mobilearq.com/schooldirectory
CODE: woodbrook See directions to sign up HERE
The Holiday Boutique will be here providing children with the opportunity to shop for gifts for their families. Please take advantage of this fun opportunity by helping your child with shopping and budgeting skills.
Thank you to the entire Woodbrook Staff!
In honor of American Education Week, this year, instead of our typical tradition of inviting all parents into visit the classrooms, we will be sharing what your children love about their classrooms with you.
Be on the look out for some special messages from your children next week!
Giving and Gratitude
Food Drive Nov 9 - Nov 19th
Please send in fresh canned/boxed food items (no glass jars) for our
Food Drive before Nov 19th.
Items can be dropped off by your children in the morning at their entry doors.
Clothing Drive Thursday, November 18th
Student Council Executive Board Officers
President: Jacqueline Bi
Vice President: Dhiya Prakash
Secretary: Sanvi Kothapalli
Treasurer: Veda Koppuravuri
Historian: Suhaan Shah
$1 Gratitude Fundraiser Nov 10-Nov 19
Please join our Gratitude Fundraiser by sending your child with $1 for each note of gratitude to a friend, teacher or family member. The note will be attached to the gift of a special pencil before Thanksgiving.
All money/orders due by Friday, Nov 19.
Nihitha Marripelli for Best Pumpkin
Orianna Delos Santos for Best Picture
Enjoy the slideshow of the top pumpkins here.
Parent Surveys Due Dec 15th
Please take the time to complete the following survey for Woodbrook.
If you do not have sufficient knowledge or
experience to rate a question, leave it blank.
Congratulations to Rayansh Boddu!
He received an appreciation letter from Senator Samuel D. Thompson (pictured below).
Rayansh said, "This is the first step for my success. I want to do more to make Earth a better place to live".
November & December
Conferences in Parent Portal
- November 11th 2-3:30 pm
- November 16th 5-6:30 pm
- All conference days are early dismissal days (1:30 closing & 11 am end for morning K).
Early Dismissals & Days off in November & December
- Early Dismissals - Nov 9, 11, 16 & 24
- Thurs., NOV. 25 & Fri., NOV. 26
- Early Dismissals - Tuesday, Dec 1, Thursday, Dec 23
- Fri., DEC. 24 Fri., DEC. 31
- School re-opens Monday, January 3
Vaccines Available for Students Ages 5 -11 Friday, Nov 12 3-8 p.m.
The Middlesex County Office of Health Services is offering vaccine clinics that are open to children ages 5-11. There is a special clinic being held THIS FRIDAY, November 12 from 3-8pm, conveniently located on campus at the Middlesex County College.
Location: Middlesex County College, West Hall
Address: 2600 Woodbridge Ave
Time: Friday, November 12th - 3-8pm
The vaccine of choice is strictly Pfizer for children ages 5-11.
Those that are interested in getting the first dose for their child on Friday may register at: https://covidscheduling.middlesexcountynj.gov/vaccine/vaccine_availability
Please refer to the map and find directions on how to arrive at Middlesex County College, West Hall –
- Enter the campus from Mill Road
- Park in Lot 1
- Across from Lot 1 is West Hall
Additional clinics for the week of November 8th, including other locations and booster shots can be found at: http://www.middlesexcountynj.gov/Government/Departments/PSH/Documents/2019%20CoV/Vaccine%20Clinic%20Schedule%20-%2011-8%20v4.pdf
How can you help?
- Vaccines are now readily available for all children ages 5 and up.
- Send children in with clean CHILD SIZED masks daily. (Adult masks are not appropriate and do not fit.)
- Keep sneezing and coughing children home.
- If you are questioning if your child is possibly ill, STAY HOME
- As per the district protocol, if a member of your household is symptomatic, all Edison students must stay home until that household member tests negative.
- These absences will be excused
- A doctor's note to return to school due to allergies/strep if a child was symptomatic is not sufficient. A negative COVID test must accompany the doctor's note.
- Do NOT give your children cough medicine and fever reducers and send your child to school. We are trying to keep everyone healthy.
- NO HOME TESTS are acceptable.
- If you take a rapid test, please also take a PCR test which is much more reliable.
- You must remain home while awaiting results of your PCR tests
- Only students who the school requires to stay home are permitted to listen via a classroom link. It is not available for everyone.
- This is not hybrid. There is no interaction between the students and teacher.
- The camera will only stay on during whole class instruction.