Special Needs Elementary Teacher
Abilities and tasks you need to perform for this job.
- You have to have lots of patience and flexibility
- You have to work typically from 7:00-4:00 and mostly all week
- You may have to work weekends at home
- You need to be very organized
- To love kids and be willing to work with them all day is the most important part
Education needed for this job.
- You need to complete at least a bachelor's degree and an approved teacher education program.
- Many colleges offer bachelor’s degree programs in special education.
- Most degrees are 4 to 5 years in length.
- Some programs offer specialization in areas such as behavioral disorders or learning disabilities.
Personal impressions/ best parts of the job.
- Helping kids through their early ages of education
- You get the summers off
- A great part of the job is finding a different ways to teach to certain kids with different disabilities.
- The very best part of the job is being around kids all day long for 5 days a week