- The first battle of the civil war took place at Fort Sumter, South Carolina
- West Virginia was formed after parts of Virginia refused to seceed to the Confederacy with the rest of the state. In the end, 24 states were with the Union.
- The first major battles of the civil war actually drew spectaters. People had pictects while watching men fight.
- The North lost a lot of major battles in the beginning.
- In the middle of the battle of Shiloh, Abraham Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing all slaves.
- "Bleeding Kansas" is where a number of abolatishinests were murdered.
- Herriet Tubman became the "cunductor" of the Underground Railroad.
- The civil war was the deadliest war. Over 600,000 people died in the civil war. 206,000 died in battle, 377,000 died from disease, & 90,000 died as prisoners.