International Education Week
Calendar of Events, November 16-20, 2015
Monday, Nov. 16 -
- Faculty Guest Chefs. Lil's Dining Hall. Starting Monday, Nov. 16, and running through the week, Bon Appetit and the dining hall staff offer a menu custom-designed by an Oxford College Faculty member featuring favorite dishes from their home cuisine. Guest chefs include Drs. Tanya Davis, Yen Liu, Florian Pohl, Kevin Quarmby, and Frosso Seitaridou.
- Culture & Travel Photo Contest. Lil's Dining Hall. During IEW, the Oxford College Photography Club and International Student Programs display student submitted photographs highlighting the themes of culture and travel.
- 9-11 am - Live NAFSA webcast: Role of International Education in Peacebuilding. Stream Online at http://bit.ly/1WrkIIT
- 12-1 pm - Lunch & Learn: Global Connections Japan: Outcomes and Principles of Global Learning. Dean's Dining Room. Drs. Jill Adams and Molly McGehee, with trip alumnus Olivia Lowery, discuss the Global Connections 2015 travel experience to Japan: "Seeking Peace: Embodying Peace and Justice in Postwar Japan." Discussants address outcomes of the travel experience, connections to research/teaching/learning, and the principles of global learning engaged in the design and execution of the trip.
- 3-4:30 pm - Live NAFSA Webcast and Discussion: High Impact Learning Approaches for Global Civil Society. Seney Conference Room. Emory Center for Academic Excellence and International Student Programs host a live screening of the webcast, followed by discussion and light refreshments: "Through high-impact learning approaches, students can become more effective communicators, more engaged citizens, and learn to think critically about the relationships between local and global issues. These skills are all vital to building peace in a world full of conflict. NAFSA partners with the Alliance for Peacebuilding and the United States Institute of Peace to present a Global Learning Faculty Conversation celebrating the peacebuilding capacity of international education."
Tuesday, Nov. 17 -
- 4 pm - Live NAFSA Webcast: 2015 NAFSA Paul Simon Campus Internationalization Presidential Panel. Stream online at http://bit.ly/1SiNmpF.
Wednesday, Nov. 18 -
- 12-1 pm - Brown Bag Lunch: Global Learning and the Oxford Travel Course Showcase. Candler Hall, Akin Room. Oxford faculty Mike McQuaide, Boris Nikolaev, and Deric Shannon discuss principles of global learning in light of their travel courses to Ecuador, Costa Rica, and Spain. Students, faculty, and staff are invited to bring their lunch and join the conversation.
- 10-11 pm - iMentor Night Kitchen. Murdy Kitchen. The iMentors invite students to join them and the International Student Organization for a study break featuring tasty snacks from around the world.
Thursday, Nov. 19 -
- 11:30 am -2 pm - Summer Study Abroad Fair with Emory Center for International Programs Abroad. Dining Hall. Join the Office of International and Summer Programs to learn more about exciting summer 2016 study abroad programs. Go global! Go abroad!
- Complete Emory IEW Event Calendar - http://bit.ly/1Lc0C9v
- US Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs IEW website - http://1.usa.gov/1MZhyrn
- Association of American Colleges & Universities Global Learning website - http://bit.ly/1PEb3sI
- NAFSA International Student Economic Value Tool - http://bit.ly/1LI3Z9F
- Internationalizing the Campus 2015. Online Publication. - http://bit.ly/1RR7C1b