Virtual Art Museum
A Virtual Art Museum on: Leonardo da Vinci by: Kyle Spellicy
Leonardo da Vinci
- Leonardo da Vinci was an inventor, artist, architect, and an overall intelligent person.
- Leonardo da Vinci was born in Vinci, Italy on April 15, 1452.
- He spent most of his life living in Milan and Florence moving back and forth from them.
- Leonardo was home schooled and he learned all of the basics from his little village and other than that he was pretty much self taught.
- He was a Renaissance man whose life consisted of painting, sculpting, and inventing.
- Leonardo da Vinci created many different paintings such as one, Mona Lisa, and his inventions, the Parachute.
- A couple of Leonardo da Vinci's patrons were Cesare Borgia, Giuliano de Medici, and France's King Francis I.
Leonardo da Vinci's Parachute
- Leonardo's Design for his parachute was never made by himself; it was eventually created in 1783 by Sebastien Lenormand.
- You might be able to find it in a museum that involves flying inventions such as planes, helicopters, modern day parachutes, etc.
- The device is triangular shaped made from linen and has flaps on the sides for air flow.From each corner there was a piece of rope coming down which the man or woman would hold.
- This device was a new introduction of a sort of travel from high ground to low ground.It was a new introduction to the air opposed to the ground.It was also and safety technique.
- I find this piece interesting because I like anything that has to do with flying.I also enjoy the fact that we took this old idea of a parachute and we use them today hundreds of years later
I think that this parachute design is an example of skepticism because back in his time people weren't thinking of flying, that just wasn't important. This idea was very dangerous and could fail easily if not using the right materials or using the parachute in the correct whether conditions. This idea would be doubted by many people. I also think that Leonardo da Vinci is an example of individualism because he was self taught and very independent on most the things he did.