The Eagle's Nest
Week of September 18-22
Happy Sunday Eagles!
It's been a busy week at Clyde Erwin Elementary School! Our teachers have started beginning of year assessments in reading and math, and our third-grade students took the Beginning Of Grade (BOG) reading test. We also kicked off the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month! Students in our dual-language immersion classrooms learned about different Hispanic countries and celebrated Independence Day. We ended the week "smiling" as our students took Fall pictures. Information about picture makeups will be available soon.
Mark your calendar for Back To School Curriculum Night on September 28. This night will give you the opportunity to attend grade level sessions to learn about curriculum and grade level expectations. We will be offering three different informational sessions so that you can attend one session for each child. Please remember that this is not a conference night. Please reach out to your child's teacher if you would like to schedule a conference.
We have six important reminders for you this week:
1. This Wednesday, September 20, is an Early Release Day. We will begin dismissal of car riders at 11:45 a.m., bus riders/walkups/walkers/daycare at 11:50 a.m. A reminder that there is no YMCA Arts Academy on early release days, please make sure your child's teacher knows how your student will go home on this day.
2. We are seeing a number of tardies and early checkouts. Please remember that our instructional day starts at 7:45am ends at 2:45 p.m. Students need to be in class by 7:45am not be be counted tardy. We don't want students to miss out on important instruction. We will continue our policy of no early checkouts or transportation changes after 2:15 p.m.
3. If your student is required to turn in a health assessment and/or immunizations for school enrollment, please do so no later than September 28. For further information, please contact Nurse Briley at the school.
4. Back to School Curriculum night will be September 28. Families should pick a session to attend.
Session 1: 4:30-5:00
Session 2: 5:05-5:35
Session 3: 5:40-6:10
5. No toy, balls, or trading cards, should be brought to school unless they are for a specific class project. If students bring these items to school, they will be taken, and parents will have to come and pick them up from administration. Administration will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. Please check your child's bookbag to make sure they are not bringing these items to school.
6. No hoods (hooded garments may not be worn in the building). Shirt collars must remain visible. Hoodies, jackets, and coats may not be worn inside the building (unless transitioning to or from outdoors). Students who are “cold-natured” should wear a hoodless cardigan, sweatshirt, sweater, vest, or blazer that meets school uniform code.
Thank You Mrs. Robinson
September 20 ERPD
September 20 SLT Meeting
September 26 BT Meeting
September 28 Interim Reports
September 28 Back to School Night
September 29 PBIS
September 29 EoM Nominations Due
October 2-6 Custodian Appreciation Week
October 4 Staff Meeting
October 4 Walk To School Day
October 6 EoM Breakfast (Respect)
October 9-13 Fire Prevention Week
October 9 Teacher Workday
October 11 Committee Meetings
October 12 Grade Chair
October 16 Earthquake Drill 10:30am
October 18 ERPD Club Day
October 20 Fall Festival
October 20-17 School Book Fair
October 23 Fire Drill @ 1pm
October 23-27 Red Ribbon Day
October 23-27 Leadership Application Week
October 24 BT Meeting
October 25 SLT Meeting
October 26 Book Character Parade
October 27 Leadership Applications Due
October 27 EoM Nominations Due
October 31 End of Grading Period
October 31 PBIS