The Manning Weekly Newsletter
March 8, 2019
Another week has gone by, and as always, we are up to some amazing things. We didn't rename ourselves "The Manning School of Academics and Arts" for nothing! This upcoming week is a big one for our performing arts, with Band and Orchestra performing on Tuesday, Choir on Wednesday, and then our talent show on Friday. Please come out and support our students. You can purchase tickets by following the links below.
Have a great weekend.
David / Mr. Luongo
Reminder - Friday, March 15th is an Early Release Day. School will end at 12:25, and we will not be serving lunch.
Refreshments will be sold!
Please join us for the Band and Orchestra concert on Mar. 12th at 7:00 p.m. and the Choir and Images concert on Mar. 13th at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available at the following website. https://search.seatyourself.biz/webstore/accounts/themanningschool/buy-tix?d=0https://search.seatyourself.biz/webstore/accounts/themanningschool/buy-tix?d=0
CMAS Testing Week is April 8th - 12th
- Mon, Tues, Wed - all students will take English and Math Units 1, 2, and 3 beginning at 8:25 am.
- Thursday - 8th graders will begin Science testing and the Silhouettes (featured on America's Got Talent and starring three Manning students) will perform in the afternoon
- Friday - FLEX Day - the only students who need to come in are 8th graders to finish the Science testing from 8:25 to 11:45. We will also ask 6th and 7th graders to come in if they need to take make-ups. (You will receive a phone call and an e-mail by Thursday afternoon as notification.) No lunch will be served on this day.
Reminder about Special Drinks
Upcoming Enrichment Opportunities
- Fencing (starts March 20)
- Sticky Fingers last session (starts April 3)
Golden High School Football
***Monday March 18th
***6:30 pm check-in & 6:45pm meeting in the Golden High School Library.
This is a very important parent/player meeting for the 2019 Football season. Please have your son and at least one parent attend. I will cover important information about the upcoming season.
1. Program Vision/Player Expectations
2. Important Spring/Summer Dates & Cost
3. How to get involved as a Parent
4. Frequently Asked Questions
5. Booster Club Announcements
Thank you in advance for taking time out of your day to attend. A parent will have to sign showing you attended the meeting and received the information. Have a good day and GO DEMONS!!!!
Lillian Young's piece "Parents are Heroes" won a Silver Award in the Middle School Visual Arts category at the state level in the 2018-2019 Reflections Cultural Arts Contest.
Some of our students are exhibiting their artwork with Sobesky and Fletcher Miller!
Golden's award-winning theater, Miners Alley Playhouse, is currently offering their spring after-school theater classes. Miners Alley Playhouse is known throughout the region for presenting professional, top-notch work, and their classes and summer programs are no exception. Please click below for details about enrolling your children in these after-school adventures!
Water Crisis! Please Sign Up to be a Judge
7th Graders Appreciated the Field Trip to See the Performance ~ The Diary of Anne Frank ~
Art Gallery "Ooh" and "Aah" Walk
Rehearsing for High School Musical
Guitarists Perfecting Their Chords
The boys for the Manning White 6th/7th grade basketball team finished up their season Thursday
For the Talent Show, Maizy Wrote Her Own Original Song, and Plays the Ukulele, Violin, Guitar, and Piano
Mr. Molinare, Mr. Jonson, Mr. Johnson, and Mr. Luongo Bust Out of an Escape Room with 5 Minutes to Spare and Plenty of Ideas to Improve Design Thinking
In Social Studies, Students Analyze Current Event Articles from the Perspective of a Wide Range of Citizens
6th Graders Synthesize Arguments to Debate Child Labor
February Vocabulary Bowl Results
The following students are the top scorers for February in the Vocabulary Bowl:
- Isabel Martin
- Aidan Owens
- Eliza Earle
- Lucy Clark
- Lillian Skidmore and
- James Roll
Currently, we are 5th in our division, but only 5,000 points from 4th!
We can still make it to first....log-on and learn! In fact, did you know that studies show that the higher your vocabulary, the higher your salary! It's true, so log-on and EARN!
Do you have any good photos?
For the production of the 2018-2019 Manning Yearbook, we could use your help. We are looking for photos you may have of concerts, first day of school, the dance, or other big events. Please e-mail any pictures you think would be great for yearbook to Karen Edoff (email@example.com)
Spring Sports are Right around the Corner!
Day Without Hate - April 26th
This year, our Manning Student Council is encouraging students to participate in our Day Without Hate on Friday, April 26th by wearing this T-shirt to school. If you decide not to purchase the shirt, we still encourage you to where white on April 26th, but T-shirts are only $5!
Once you fill out the form, we still need you to log in to your Jeffco Connect account and pay the $5 fee online. If you wish to get more than one tee shirt, please contact Jade Zentz at 303-982-6226.
Jeffco Schools Foundation is Asking for Gala Donations
Follow Manning on Instagram! username- manningschool
Please follow us on facebook, too! @themanningschooljeffco
Anne Frank Field Trip
Reminder to Utilize Tutor Time in the Morning 7:50 - 8:15
- Monday - Math or Electives
- Tuesday - Math or English or 6th Grade Science
- Wednesday - Math or Social Studies
- Thursday - Math or Science
- Friday - Math
- review safety protocol
- prepare for our week of CMAS
- celebrate good things happening at Manning
At Manning, we strive to live our core values every day.
- Mrs. Ritschard is very honest on how to do the lessons and what students need to do better.
- Max Behm found a whole PS4 setup in a bag, in the hallway and instead of hiding it in his locker, he took it directly to the office. If that isn't the definition of honesty and integrity, I don't know what is.
- Mr. Crawford is always honest about what we are doing in a class that day.
- Addy Joy is a great friend. She puts an effort into making everyone happy and laugh. She is always goofy and just wants to make new friends every day.
- Anneke Powell put A LOT of effort into our business project even when others did not do their part, she did it. We could not have pulled this off without her.
- Blake Holmes is always on task and got all his work done.
- Cam Jansen was in my group for buisness and he helped us with commercials as well as his own part that he needed to do.
- Charlotte Burnham is a very caring person who always is trying to make people happy. She always cares about others and is a very strong. Anyone can count on her and her smile to light up a room.
- The custodians work so hard after school and during school to keep the school clean. Without them our school would be a mess!
- Devyn is a good friend and she always works hard
- Emmy Leu always does her best in basketball
- Erin Kurtin and I worked hard after school to make our business presentation as good as it could be. Without her, our presentation wouldn't be as great as it is now. Thank you, Erin
- Erin Kurtin is so positive toward others and is always working hard in group prjects no matter what group she is in.
- Everyone in Battle of the Books put in an amazing effort and read lots of books.
- When Gaby Santos struggles with her work, she comes in early, and instead of sitting at our table, goes to her classes and gets her work done. She always works hard to push up her grade when it's low.
- Jordan Chang is attempting to get a A+ in each class, he is encouraging and positive to everyone around him
- Jordan Chang - This fine gentleman has given his all to the absolute devotion of bettering himself and those around him. He is indubitably positive and never ceases to help a brother out. His resounding integrity and compassion for his work is impeccable. He is extremely enthusiastic about the Manning School of Academics and Arts and an amazing student.
- Liam Nobel Rudolph worked hard to get our business presentation complete and ready.
- Thank you, Melaine Heesacker, for your dedication to our school and spending so many extra hours this week dealing with Enroll Jeffco and being so patient with all your incoming phone calls.
- Mr Crawford has worked really hard as a teacher by making class periods fun and interactive for students. He has gone above and beyond in trying to teach kids in different fun ways.
- Mr. Hovinen makes sure we really understand what we are reading and helps us become better writers
- Mr. Jonson is always helpful and funny. He makes sure that we know what we're doing and that we will be successful.
- Mr. Hovinen reviewed the Princess Bride so we will understand it.
- Mr. Hovinen always makes his classroom a fun environment where it is not only easy but fun to learn.
- Mrs. Cahill helped me with factoring when I needed help with it, and is always willing to help me with my makeup work.
- Mrs. Jacobs works very hard every day to make sure that we are prepared for upcoming tests and concept checks.
- I nominate Mrs. K because she is always so helpful in class and deeply cares about each and everyone of her students.
- Mrs. Mendez does a great job of keeping her cool when her classes are too loud or too crazy. She deals with situations so well and she it so nice.
- Mrs. Zamora is an honest person that owns up to mistakes, although she is an adult she can make mistakes, she also gives enough effort to teach students when they talk or mess around. I really look up to her cause she is over all amazing teacher.
- Mrs. K is always super helpful in creative writing. She is there to support you with whatever you need.
- Ms. Cahill always try to make their lessons easy to understand and are always willing to help you out when you are confused!
- My Mom has helped me through everything. I love her more then anything in the world she is always so loyal and like my best friend. She helps me and my older sister always and even though shes sick she always is a big help to or family. Love you mom.
- Sawyer Johns has worked really hard in band class to learn and play the music. He has gone in for extra practice too.
- Everyday Soli Ficco always does her best to help everyone out such as holding the door, and helping younger kids is they need help with there homework.
- Sophie worked really hard on her business project
- In 3rd period we had a project and we were a day late when Sophie Dwyer, our manager she threw a google slide together and we got a good grade on our presentation, although i was the one blamed for it being bad by a group member, she helped me me stay strong.
- The lunch ladies work so hard every day! On there low budget they make meals to feed us all! And though they seem to go unnoticed we would defiantly notice them if they were not here! Thank you for all you do, and all the meals you make for us! It is greatly appreciated!
- Trent Haigler has been working very hard in digital design and was very positive toward the class. He made all of us have fun and made the class all in all better.
- Avery Mercer created an in depth and beautiful study guide for her water unit test. She went above and beyond when creating it. Well done!
- After seeing other people presentation we knew that we missed more than half of everything that we needed to have. Erin worked very hard and long as home to finish all the work that we didn't do all by herself.
- Kyleah Hale-Vostrejs has gone above and beyond in 7th-grade grammar on IXL.com; she has completed more assignments than were assigned and answered more questions than any other student in my 7th-grade classes -- 1,533 questions completed!
- Lilli Burnham got her head in the game, she is great in every way and gets stuff done!
- Logan Dickerson is cool
- Maddy Baillie sent an email out to the whole entire eighth grade about a girl in New York who has cancer, and only 6 months to live. It said to forward it, and she did! Great job Maddy! You are a really genuine person!
- Ms. Claussen would like to congratulate her 7th-grade Language Arts students for completing 70,000 grammar questions on IXL! What an accomplishment!
- Sadie Powers helps me with my homework
- Sofia Aguilar held the door open for everyone coming in side.
- Sydney Hertel dedicates so much time and detail into all of her work, and has incredible focus. She always helps out others when they need a hand, and is incredibly responsible in all her classes.
- I was at lunch sitting with Alex Landmark and when my other friends tried to take my snacks he told them to stop.
- Ava Mapes always tries to make my day better when I talk to her. She makes me laugh and is one of the best friends any one could ask for. Thank you so much for making my day everyday Ava!!
- Blake is always nice
- Camila Garcia is always listening to me when I am in a bad mood and when I have something going on, and is always there for me. She is a great friend.
- Catherine Chubb is always there for me when im sad and when im sad always makes me laugh even when i don't want to.
- Ella Yancey always brightens my day; I don't really have a lot of self confidence and even just her talking to me about anything really makes me feel a lot better about myself, even if she asks me a question about a class.
- Ella Yancey is always so nice and positive. I love how she is always trying her best and how she always thinks of others´ needs before hers.
- Emma Bougher helped me with all of the subjects I have been missing lately, and my makeup work.
- We were sitting at lunch and Wyatt had no where to sit. Gavin Archer moved a seat away so wyatt could sit with his friends.
- Haley Bergren was holding me to get a hug and I told her I had to go she quickly let go and said good bye thank you Haley for letting me get to my class in time.
- Julia Kaufholz was very kind to me and helped me clean up when I accidentally dropped my binder. Thanks for being kind and respectful, Julia!
- Kate Kringel is respectful to everyone new she meets. She is very sweet and kind to everyone and anyone. She is also very respectful to all her teachers and classmates.
- Layla Hughes comes to math class with such a positive attitude. She respects herself, her classmates, and her teacher.
- Mr. Jonson gave us another day to work on our busness projects
- Mr. Jonson works hard and respects everyone
- Mr. Hughes' class is always very interesting, and attention grabbing. He challenges me to do my best, and everyday I look forward to his class. He finds new and creative way to teach us history.
- Mr. Jonson treats us with respect. He allows us to have freedom, yet he is frim when people mess it up. When people mess up, they are given the chance to fix it. I also like how Mr. Jonson doesn't lecture us. He gives us challanges and lets us ask him the questions to help us do it right.
- Mrs. Beattie is really helpful
- When I went home sick, the next day, Mrs. Claussen helped me back on track.
- Ollie Hughes is a nice person and he helped me doing my chapter question and helping me on his own time to work
- Rhyleigh Jensen is always so nice and she has recently been helping me with my science, which is one of my weakest subjects.
- William Burczyk was the only person who wanted to play with he in the first semester and he is a over all great friend.
- Adelaide Joy takes her time after school and skips extra activities so she can make sure her group gets a good grade on all projects
- Alec is a pal, he loves to help and give others chocolate.
- Today someones friend group were all on the Anne Frank field trip and he was lonely at lunch. Ava Sugar invited this person to sit with us so he would not be alone.
- In business class, Devyn McDonald let me and another friend take a risk that a normal bushiness class boss would let me take. The product was better as a result!
- Erin Kurtin is an amazing peer in all group projects. She always does all of her parts with amazing detail and focus, and supports everybody on the team. She always knows her responsibilities and how to lead effectively.
- Wow! What would we have done without Jade Zentz, and her incredible effort helping collect money and permission slips for the 7th-grade field trip to see the Anne Frank play. She was incredibly patient and kind and diligent to staff and students!
- Jason is on my handball team in PE and is always trying his best. He plays fair and is always congratulating the other players. He is always positive and an amazing teammate.
- Leif Hansen works well with other kids and helps communicate to us more clear allowing
- Liam Noble Rudolph works well with me and my friends and is always kind towards others.
- Luke Dempsey made sure that our group was on task and carried his weight on business project.
- Sam Larson helped me in digital design, working things out with me, and making sure that I knew what to do and how to do it. I would have failed without him.