Stayton Elementary School
January Cheetah News
I hope you had a wonderful winter break and were able to spend quality time with your children and rest up. I was able to spend time with my husband and kids, sitting around playing games. Our favorite game this break was a board game called “A Ticket to Ride”. We had so much fun playing this game. We couldn’t get enough of it. There were lots of laughs and good times.
This month marks the end of this grading period. Teachers will work on writing report cards on January 25th, and they will be sent home in Wednesday folders the last week of January.
Before & After School Drop Off Etiquette
Although you may have never received an actual book of the dos and dont's for the school parking lot, there are some pretty straightforward unwritten rules that parents should be aware of.
1. Stay In Line: You're not the only one in a hurry in the carpool line. Remember that everyone's time is valuable, and avoid cutting the line-even if you are at the end.
2. Put the Phone Down: Avoid being distracted by your cell phone in your child's school parking lot. There will undoubtedly be lots of traffic and lots of children, making it more important than ever to be as alert as possible.
3. Don't Leave Your Car: If you need to give your children their lunches or coats, leave your car in a recognized parking space before you get out. Don't leave your car while in the drop off/pick up line.
4. Leave and Meet Kids At Designated Areas Only: It is important to pay attention to where the school has drop off/pick up areas. The rules were put in place for safety and efficiency.
5. Be Patient: It is important to remain patient while in your car. You may be frustrated by parents who are slowing things down, but avoid the temptation to honk at them. Children model our behavior, so do your best to set a good example.
6. Pay Attention: Waiting in line is no fun for anyone. Pull up when the car in front of you pulls us, so that other parents can get closer to the front of the line.
Let's all remember that safety for the children is our first priority !