We Are Together Tamanend!
June 12, 2020
Have a Great Summer, Tamanend!
Summer is a time to rest, reflect, and reinvigorate ourselves. Best wishes to all of our Tamanend families for a wonderful summer. This is our last edition of Tamanend Connections for the school year. We will send a "Welcome Back" newsletter in early August with important reminders and information about next year. Our first regular newsletter for the 2020-2021 school year will be sent out on Friday, August 28.
CALENDAR ITEMS TO NOTE
CB Farmers' Market at Barclay Elementary School--open to anyone who needs assistance with food at this time--Wednesday, June 17 at 4:00 PM for car line; 5:15 for walk up line
9th Grade Laptop Return Dates at 16 Welden Drive--Friday, June 12; Monday, June 15; Tuesday, June 16. Sign up for date/time here. More information in our Innovation and Technology Department section below.
Final Awards Ceremony & Recognition of 9th Grade Class--Monday, June 15 (this ceremony will be held virtually and will be available to view starting June 15; link to ceremony will be sent via email blast and posted on Tamanend website)
Last Day of School--Monday, June 15
Welcome Back Newsletter to be Sent Out--early August
First Regular Tamanend Connections Newsletter for 2020-2021 to be Sent Out--Friday, August 28
First Day of School for 2020-2021 School Year--Monday, August 31
- If you are planning to play a Fall sport at Tamanend, you will need a PIAA physical (pages 5 & 6) completed by your child’s doctor. That form can be found HERE and needs to be dated after June 1, 2020. It is recommended that parents/guardians make appointments very soon, and remember to take the PIAA paperwork with you.
- Registration on Family ID for Fall sports will open on July 1st. That site can be accessed at https://hello.familyid.com/home.
- Congratulations to all Spring student-athletes and coaches for a successful season. While these conditions were unprecedented, it was great to see so many student-athletes involved in trainings, challenges, trivia, team meetings, and many other activities. Many thanks to our coaches for all of the coordination and making this season as positive as possible.
- For a list of Frequently Asked Questions published by PIAA, please click HERE.
- Please see below for information about home workouts through Nike Training Club.
Summer Food Drive to Support CB Farmers' Market at Barclay ES--June 15 Through June 18
Virtual Yearbook Signing in Honor of Our Graduating Freshman Class!
As the year comes to a close we are so sad we cannot say goodbye in person and sign your yearbooks. Since we cannot, your teachers are sending you a virtual yearbook message! Take a moment to watch your teachers sending you a personal yearbook message! We’ll miss you and will forever be Tamanend Together!
Use this link to view the video: https://www.wevideo.com/view/1734950167
Reminder--Locker Items Retrieval and Hand-In of School Property
As you are aware, many students left personal belongings in their lockers prior to the closure of school. Our staff has been working hard preparing these items for distribution. In addition, many students are in possession of school property (books, calculators, etc.) that need to be returned to Tamanend. Our locker items retrieval & school property hand-in will take place on Thursday, June 11 and Friday, June 12 and will occur alphabetically by student last name. The process will be done curbside as we cannot allow students or parents in the building at this time. For the locker items retrieval, a staff member will bring items from your child’s locker and gym locker (items will be pre-bagged) to your car. For the school property hand-in, a staff member will come to your car to collect school property that your child needs to hand in. Examples of school property that should be handed in:
- Library books
- Classroom independent reading books
- Sheet music (9th Graders only)
- Script books, pit music, and school-owned costumes from the “Bye Bye Birdie” musical
- Borrowed calculators
- Sports uniforms
Please note: The following items should NOT be turned in as part of this event:
- Laptops—current 7th and 8th Graders will keep their laptops unless they are not returning to Tamanend next school year. Current 9th Graders will turn in their laptops to the school district at 16 Welden Drive from June 12-June 16. Please click here to sign up for a date/time for 9th Grade laptop hand-in.
All employees will be wearing masks and gloves and will be stationed with plenty of space between them. We are asking that all students and parents remain in their cars and follow our directions to ensure the safety of all community members.
Locker Items Retrieval & School Property Hand-In Schedule
Thursday, June 11
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Last Names A, B, C
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Last Names D, E, F, G
Friday, June 12
8:00 AM – 9:30 AM: Last Names H, I, J, K
9:30 AM – 11:00 AM: Last Names L, M
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Last Names N, O, P, Q, R
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Last Names S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
Drive- Thru Procedures
1. Prior to your arrival at Tamanend, please place any school property to be returned in a bag. In addition, please make sure your child’s name is on each item in the bag.
2. Prior to your arrival at Tamanend, please place a sign with your child(ren)’s last name near your front passenger windshield.
3. Please wear a mask.
4. Please enter the Tamanend Main Parking lot from the Kelly Road side of Stuckert Road. Make a right into the parking lot and you will be directed to follow the normal parent drop off line.
5. Please remain in your car.
6. A staff member will approach your car and ask if you have any school property to hand in.
7. You will proceed to the locker items retrieval point which will be outside of the Cafeteria Patio. A staff member will bring your child’s bagged items to your car. Please pop the trunk or lower your passenger side window so that our staff member can place your child’s bag(s) in your car.
8. Once you have your child(ren)’s belongings, please exit the parking lot.
9. If you have a question or concern, we ask that you pull into the designated assistance area so that we may keep the flow of traffic moving.
10. If your child believes he/she is missing additional items that were not included in the bag(s) we distributed to you, we ask that you fill out this form (which will be available starting the afternoon of June 11). We will do our best to locate the additional item(s) and will contact you so that you can retrieve it a later date.
Appointments for families who are not available on June 11 or 12 can be scheduled by emailing Mrs. Gina Villa at email@example.com.
9th Grade Laptop Return Dates--June 12, 15, 16
Dear Parents of 9th Grade Students:
We would like to thank you for your participation in our 1 to 1 program. The program positively impacted teaching and learning for students.
As your middle school experience ends, we are preparing to collect the student laptops. In August, we will issue all students in 10th grade a new Lenovo Yoga 11E Model. Emails about this roll-out will be sent in July.
In order to ensure a smooth collection process, please note the following:
What will the return process involve?
You will drive your vehicle to the Educational Services Center(ESC) at
16 Welden Dr, Doylestown, PA 18901. This will be a Drive-Thru drop off. Our staff will wear masks and we will use CDC Guidelines. Please use the map (Click Here) to navigate this event.
When is the collection date?
The 9th Grade collection dates are:
- Friday, June 12th (9am-2pm)
- Monday, June 15th (7:30am-11:30am)
- Tuesday, June 16th (11am-5pm)
Times are staggered and a family from any school can pick any of the dates and times. Please use this Sign-up Genius to register: https://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.signup&urlid=60b094ba4a922a31-9thgrade&view=standard
What does my child need to return?
All students must return their pen, charger, and laptop. Please complete and print the document (Click Here) and bring to the drive thru event. NOTE: If your child currently has a loaner, please return the loaner device to satisfy the return process.
Do I need to return the carrying case?
No. We are NOT collecting the carrying cases. All students will receive a new case for 10th grade.
What if my child is missing a pen or a charger?
Please go to MyPayments Plus to pay for items that you lost or damaged while in your possession. Once in MPP, If have you lost any device or accessories, please complete the payment in MyPayments Plus under the category of “CB Technology”. Pay for the items you are missing and then PRINT or SHOW YOUR RECEIPT at the collection. You may also bring a check made out to Central Bucks School District.
The fees are as follows:
- 9th Grade Laptop Charger - $30
- 9th Grade Laptop - $250
- 9th Grade Laptop Pen - $25
What will happen if my child does not return all of the equipment? Students that do not return all their equipment will be issued an invoice and may lose their Parent Portal access until all items are returned.
What will happen to the current devices? We will wipe the data and return them to the leasing company.
Students should save all files onto their OneDrive. Anything left on the PC will be wiped clean.
Thank you so much for all of your assistance. To expedite our process, please print and complete the attached form. All questions may be directed to: TechSupport@CBSD.ORG.
June's Featured Teacher is Mr. Reynolds
For my last featured teacher, I had the pleasure of interviewing Mr. Reynolds. Mr. Reynolds has been a Math teacher at Tamanend for 16 years. His favorite part of being a teacher is helping his students find their voice and expressing it. Some of Mr. Reynolds hobbies outside of school are fishing with his friends, biking with his two sons, attending Dave Matthews Band concerts with his wife, watching Netflix, coaching baseball in CB, reading, attending sports games, and staying on top of the news. A few of Mr. Reynold’s favorite vacation spots are getting lost in the woods, going to the Jersey Shore, traveling to Rhode Island with family, cruising the Caribbean and going to Nashville TN. Millersville University in Lancaster is where Mr. Reynolds attended college. Mr. Reynolds is not a picky eater; his favorite food is hot Italian pulled pork sandwich made at Peppino’s in Chalfont. Orange is Mr. Reynolds favorite color. Mr. Reynolds grew up listing to Madonna, Michael Jackson, rock and rap, but his favorite genre of music is country. Sports Center is Mr. Reynolds favorite TV show. Mr. Reynolds does not have a favorite book series, but his favorite author is William Shakespeare. When Mr. Reynolds retires he sees himself near family and friends. He also wants to stay active in the community by helping people reach their full potential.
Author's note: Thank you so much to all the wonderful teachers I had the pleasure of interviewing and thank you to Dr. Caughie for including my article in the newsletter every month, I will miss you all when I head to CB South, Have a great summer!
Submitted by: Paige Smithkors
Congratulations to Our FCS Dessert Cook-Off Winners
Tamanend's First Virtual Talent Show was a Real Crowd Pleaser!
FROM OUR GUIDANCE OFFICE
Student Assistance Program (SAP)
Reminder--Help is Down the Hall
The Tamanend Student Assistance Program (SAP) Team is a group of trained faculty members who can connect students with appropriate help and resources if they show signs of struggling with mental health concerns or alcohol/substance use. If you notice concerns such as major changes in behavior or mood, drop in achievement, or use of drugs or alcohol, then you may consider a SAP referral. When the team receives a referral, we gather more information to determine if there is a need for intervention and further assessment. The information is confidential, and the process is for the purpose of offering help. Anyone can refer a student about whom they are concerned. Referrals can be made at this referral link or by contacting a SAP team member:
Mrs. Barlow, Mrs. Cammann, Sra. Corsino, Mr. Dudley, Mr. Heisey,
Mr. Klein, Mrs. Myrtetus, Ms. Scheffey, & Mrs. Szagola
HELPFUL REMINDERS ABOUT TAMANEND PROCEDURES
FROM OUR INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
FROM OUR CAFETERIA
UPCOMING DISTRICT & COMMUNITY EVENTS
Reminder--Alternate Bus Stop Requests
A reminder that alternate school bus requests must be filed every school year. If you are interested in requesting an alternate bus stop for the 2020-2021 school year, please click here.
RESOURCES AND ASSISTANCE
Help with Resources
If you are experiencing a financial hardship, please know that the staff members listed below can help you and your family. We can provide assistance with food, clothing, field trips, student fees, internet access, and other issues. Please don't hesitate to contact us:
Brian Caughie, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyle Dudley, Assistant Principal email@example.com
Lauren Myrtetus, Certified School Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Klein, Guidance Counselor email@example.com
Mandy Cammann, Guidance Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
CB Farmers' Market at Barclay Elementary School is Open Every Wednesday at 4:00
Reminder--Internet Essentials from Comcast is Now Free For Two Months For New Customers
GETTING INVOLVED AND STAYING CONNECTED WITH TAMANEND
Volunteer Required Paperwork
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children to obtain background checks and clearances. If you are planning on being in a Central Bucks school during the 2018-2019 school year for any reason, you will need to go to Volunteer Required Paperwork, and complete what is needed to obtain your Photo Volunteer ID Card. You will need that ID Card and a photo ID to enter a CB school.
Support Tamanend While You Shop
Please consider supporting TMS while you shop:
Giant Food Stores
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card that gives money to the school you designate every time you shop. Use this link to select Tamanend as your A+ school after August 15th of the new school year.
- Clip and send in box tops to the attention of NJHS.
Box Tops for Education
You can now simply scan your receipts to participate in the Box Tops 4 Education program to support Tamanend Middle School. Click on the link below to learn more:
You may also submit your receipts directly to Mrs. Consoletti in the Guidance Office and we will scan them for you. Thank you for your support of our school.
Share Good News About Tamanend Students
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: email@example.com
Oficina: (267) 893-2900