Windsor High School
May 14, 2021
Seniors - Refunds on School Lunch Account
ATTN SENIORS: Refunds on school lunch accounts with balances of $10 or less will be refunded during the last 15 minutes of each lunch period on May 12, May 13 and May 14. See the cafeteria cashier to claim your refund. For account balances over $10, please fill out this form to have your refund mailed to you:
Chromebook & Charging Cord Collection
WHS Seniors - Chromebooks and charging cords will be collected on May 14th between 11:30 and 4:00 near the athletic building entrance. Fees will be assessed for damage and/or missing devices and cords. Diplomas will be held until all fees are paid. Fees can be paid through Campus Portal or in-person at WHS. Students who are scheduled to take a digital at-home AP test after May 14th will be asked to return their device to WHS on Friday, May 28th between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm.
WHS Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors - Chromebooks and charging cords will be collected on May 20th in Advisory. Fees will be assessed for damage and/or missing devices. Fees can be paid through Campus Portal or in-person at WHS. Students who are scheduled to take a digital at-home AP test after May 20th will be asked to return their device to WHS on Friday, May 28th between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm.
Military Careers Expo - Tuesday, May 18
"WELD RE-4 HEROES" WELDRE-4 EDUCATION FOUNDATION 2021 ESSAY CONTEST
In our Weld RE-4 community, we have many different individuals who have an impact on our students’ education on a daily basis: teachers, administrators, counselors, bus drivers, crossing guards and other staff members. They all play an important part in creating an environment for innovation and success for our students. Each one makes a difference in our children’s lives every day.
As part of celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week, the Weld RE-4 Education Foundation is inviting all students enrolled in the Weld RE-4 School District to participate in our annual essay contest, telling us about their “Weld RE-4 Hero.” Essays will be judged based on the quality and sincerity of the student’s writing (taking into consideration the student’s grade level) and the compelling story of how the featured hero has made a difference for that student.
Students: One winner will be selected from each of the following grade categories:
Pre-K to 2nd grade, 3rd-5th grade, middle school (6th – 8th grades), and high school (9th – 12th grades). The student winner in each category will receive a $100 prize donated by the Windsor branch of Bank of Colorado.
Heroes: The “Hero” from the district honored in each of the first-place essays will receive a
$50 gift certificate to Knowledge Bound, donated by Knowledge Bound and Greg Backhaus, financial advisor with Edward Jones in Windsor.
• Entries may be dropped off at the school district office at 1020 Main Street in Windsor by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 14th. Essays may be mailed to the Foundation at the district office, but must be postmarked no later than May 14th. Entries can also be e-mailed to Education_Foundation@weldre4.k12.co.us.
No late entries will be accepted.
• Each essay submitted should have the entry form completed and attached. DO NOT PLACE THE PARTICIPANT’S NAME ON THE ESSAY ITSELF; all essays will be judged anonymously by a committee of volunteers selected by the Foundation. Winners will be determined in the judges’ sole discretion based upon the criteria stated above.
• The contest is open to all students enrolled in the Weld RE-4 school district; one entry per student.
• Maximum length: Two pages typed, using double-spacing and 12-pt type. Handwritten entries are allowed for pre-K to 2nd grade participants.
• All entries may be publicly disseminated, including in print and social media; a copy of each essay will also be provided to the Weld RE-4 hero honored by the student.
• Winners will be announced honored at the June school board meeting. Photos of the winners will be taken at that meeting and made public.
• Questions should be directed to Heather Kintz at 686-8090 or Education_Foundation@weldre4.org
SELECTION OF WINNER:
All entries will be judged by a panel of judges selected by the Board of Directors of the Educational Foundation. Winners will be determined in the judges’ sole discretion, based upon the following criteria: compelling nature of teacher’s inspiring qualities, sincerity of student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing (taking into consideration the student’s grade level).
Questions should be directed to Heather Kintz at
970-686-8090 or Education_Foundation@weldre4.k12.co.us
Shop and Earn Money for Windsor High School
Friday, May 14- Last Day of school for Seniors
Thursday, May 20 - Last Day of School
Saturday, May 22 - Graduation
Tuesday, July -27 - Check-In for Seniors 9 am - 12 pm
Wednesday, July 28 - Check-In for Juniors 9 am - 12 pm
Thursday, July 29 - Check-In for Sophomores 9 am - 12 pm
Friday, July 30 - Check-In for Freshmen 9 am - 12 pm
Wednesday, August 11 - First Day of School
Are You Following Mrs. Scallon??...
Twitter - @Windsorprincipal
Instagram - Wizardprincipal
Get the latest and most up-to-date information!