Roman name~ Minerva
Symbols~Owl and the Olive Tree
10 facts about Athena
- Athena was fierce and brave in battle.
- She didn't have a mother, instead she sprang full grown and clad in armor from Zues' forehead.
- She only took part in wars that defended the state and home from outside enimies.
- She invented the bridle, trumpet, flute, the pot, rake, plow, yoke, ship, and the chariot.
- She was the embodiment of wisdom, reason, and purity.
- She was Zues' favorite child and was allowed to use his weapons including his thunderbolt.
- Her holy tree was olive tree and she was often symbolized as an owl.
- She was the patron of the city, handcraft, and agriculture.
- She became the patron goddess of Poseidon by offering the olive tree to the Athenians.
- It is evident that Athena and Athens derive from the same root.
Why I chose Athena
I chose this goddess because I thought it would be interesting to learn more about her. She is known for her intellegence. I think I am very intelligent too. She's also known for her bravery. She fought for what was right. I like fighting for what is right. She seems like a really cool goddess. That's why I chose Athena.