Mrs. Blalock's Bulletin
Take a Peek at Third Grade
It would be a great idea to take advantage of the opportunity to spend time this summer investigating and preparing for some of the things that you will be studying next year.
Being a learner all through the summer will help you to keep your skills fresh.
Look at each section below for some summer suggestions.
- Practice counting money and telling time
- Be sure addition and subtraction facts are memorized (Quizlet)
- Be very accurate when you add and subtract
- Practice solving word problems
- Practice all kinds of measurement
- Ask your parents to help you visit and practice on these websites
Language Art Suggestions
- Read for 20 to 30 minutes every day.
- Read different kinds of materials: fiction, nonfiction, poetry, biographies etc.
- Talk about what you read
- Read to learn new things you are interested in.
- Keep a writing journal
- Write about personal experiences as well as create fiction stories
- Write a poem
- Write a letters to friends and family
- Write a response to a book you are reading
- Use correct spelling of high frequency words and print neatly so everyone can read your ideas.
- Visit Spellingcity to review spelling patterns studied during second grade
Social Studies Suggestions
- Read about South Carolina
- Learn about symbols, geography, traditions and history of SC
- Ask your parents to help you visit this website to learn about SC
Read and learn information about some of the following topics:
- Animal Adaptations and Habitats
- Food Chains and Life Cycles
- Living Things Grow and Change
- Rocks and Fossils
- Earth's Resources
- Erosion and Weathering of the Earth
- Floods, Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions
- Matter and Heat
- Forces, Motion and Sound