Write For Texas
Double Dialogue Journals
This is a great paired activity that requires students to use questioning skills.
1) Students must be given a guiding question to get the conversation started.
2) Tell students that they will be having a conversation with a partner, but the entire conversation must take place through writing. This is a silent activity.
3) Each student should use a different color writing utensil to distinguish the dialogue.
4) Set a time limit.
5) Students pass the paper back and forth asking and answering questions. • After reading an article.
When to Use It
- To activate prior knowledge.
• Synthesize class notes.
• End of a unit.
• Following a film.
• Following audio clip.
• Responding to a photograph or piece of art.