SSS Family Updates
Thought for the Day
"April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. (Sonnet XCVIII)"
― William Shakespeare, Shakespeare's Sonnets
So glad that Summer Street Students don't do this:
When I was about ten years old, I gave my teacher an April Fool's sandwich, which had a dead goldfish in it. --Alan Alda
Letter from the Principal
Tomorrow and Friday are Color Days for Summer Street!
First Grade: Green
Second Grade: Yellow
Third Grade: Orange
Fourth Grade: Red
This week's surprise from the PTO were soft pretzels with mustard. The staff and I are truly appreciative!
As always, please reach out with any concerns or questions that you have.
SSS Bus Routes AM/PM
The SSS bus routes are printed in the newspaper, on the LPS website and on the SSS website. Here is the link from the website:
Arrival and Dismissal Traffic: Suggestions from the Police
1. Park on the adjacent streets and walk the kids to the school or crosswalk for those who are able to do so.
SSS - Todd Lane, Elizabeth Way, Taylor Terrace.
2. Form a line up on the same side of the school and take a right turn to drop off, the crossing guard and Police will be encouraging people to do this. This will allow traffic to flow, and is currently in place and working.
3. Take the bus to alleviate traffic and wait times.
4. Do not stay in the parking lot after drop off and pick up.
5. Expect delays and be patient during this time while there may be increased traffic or wait times.
Report Card Timeline
Progress reports will be sent to families on March 31st. The final report cards will be mailed to families on June 24th.
Grade 3: May 11 and May 12 (May 17- 21st Makeups)
Grade 4: May 13 and May 14 (May 17- 21st Makeups)
Grade 3 May 25 and 26 (June 1-4th Makeups)
Grade 4 May 27 and 28 Gr 4 (June 1-4th Makeups)