The Brave, the Caring, the HERO
The Life of Sybil Ludington
The Endeavors of the Most Heroic Woman
- Sybil rode twice as far as Paul Revere did
- She underwent her ride at nine o' clock at night
- On her ride she rode 40 miles
- She is known as a female Paul Revere
- This is because she rode through Putnam in Duchess Counties to warn the Militia
The picture above shows a statue of Sybil riding a horse 40 miles to warn the miltia that the British were coming.
This is a picture of Sybil's grave. As you can see, Sybil is spelled differently. There were different ways to spell it.