The Buccaneer Bulletin
Principal Newsletter - August 26, 2022
Week 2 has quickly come and gone! This week, we made it a point as administrators to visit each classroom on campus. To see such innovating and engaging instruction taking place so early in the school year was inspiring. 8th grade science classes were even using Bunsen burners already this week!
This coming week, we will have Curriculum Night, which is a opportunity for you to go through your student's schedule and meet each teacher (more information below). I am confident you will be as impressed with our HBMS staff as I am daily.
- Yesterday and today our afternoon car rider line officially took less than 30 minutes! Thank you all for working together to make this more efficient!
- Please do not park on the side of General Williamson and walk to pick up your student. Parking is not permitted in this area.
- We are asking all parents to pick up their student in the car rider line. It is the safest and most efficient way to get all students into their cars.
- In the morning, we will now only use one lane for drop off. This is the safest option for students getting out of their cars and entering the school with less adult supervision than the afternoons.
Again, thank you for your cooperation and understanding with dismissal. To get as many cars through our parking lot as we do in 25 minutes is a success, and we know it is a team effort between staff, parents, and students!
Laura Keogh, Principal
Curriculum Night - This Upcoming Thursday!
Purpose: Walk your child's schedule, meet their teachers, and learn more about their classes!
Your child will fill out the schedule below for you in class, so you can have this as you go from class to class on Curriculum Night. This event is for parents only - not students. We look forward to seeing you there!
Morning & Afternoon Homework Help
BEFORE SCHOOL - 7:20-8:20am (Monday-Friday)
- Room 748 with Mr. Beatty
- Library with Ms. Hooker
- Room 775 with Mr. Gaffney
AFTER SCHOOL - 4:20-5:20pm (Monday-Thursday)
- Mondays and Wednesdays - Room 752 with Mr. Zambito
- Tuesdays and Thursdays - Room 775 with Mr. Gaffney
- There will not be Homework Help on Friday afternoons
As a reminder, we do not have late buses running routes this year, so if your child stays after school for Homework Help, it is the expectation that you pick him/her up at 5:20pm.
After School Enrichment Programs
Please email email@example.com for further questions.
Thank you for your kind donations and supporting our Buccaneers in this capacity.
Call for Artwork!
LTISD visual arts has been asked to collaborate with the Engage and Heal Foundation. You will find more information here. This is not an assignment or project, rather a chance for enrichment and an opportunity for students to experience an art call, be part of an exhibition and possibly a money making opportunity with their artistic response to a specific prompt/theme.
This art call is open to grades 5th - 12th in LTISD. Again, this is an optional opportunity for any student to participate.
Collecting Sprout Supply Boxes!
Did a teacher or staff member do something outstanding for your child? Use this Form to submit a staff shout out! This will be printed and delivered to the staff member by Ms. Keogh.
HBMS Leadership Team
Assistant Principal: Matt Holley
Counselor: Dana Page
Assistant Principal: Brian Gill
Counselor: JoAnn Bryan
Assistant Principal: Cristy Castanares
Counselor: Surita Scholla
Miss a Newsletter?
Please note that The Buccaneer Bulletin is sent to the email addresses you have listed in Skyward Family Access. If you are not receiving weekly newsletters, please verify that your information is correct in Skyward.