CORINA SENESE HOUR 7
Advil | Take Action. Take Advil.
IMMEDIATE AND LONG TERM RISK FACTORS
- If you happened to take ibuprofen, advil or any other medication to try and get rid of migraines, you might get something called rebound headaches or medication overuse headaches.
- It can change throughout your life depending on your stress levels, your hormone levels, your age and your triggers, which can also change.
SYMPTOMS AND EFFECTS
- If having a migraine with aura, you may see things such as stars or zigzag lines or have a temporary blind spot about 30 minutes before the headache starts. Even if you don't experience an aura, you may have other warning signs in the period before the headaches starts, such as a craving for sweets, thirst, sleepiness, or depression.
- Migraine headaches usually are described as an intense, throbbing or pounding pain that involves one temple. (Sometimes the pain is located in the forehead, around the eye, or at the back of the head).
- Sensitivity to smells, weakness, slurred speech, sleep disruption, and depression can occur with a migraine headache.
- SYMPTOMS WHEN HEADACHES START
- Symptoms can include: Throbbing pain on one side of the head. But you can have pain on both sides.
- Pain behind one of your eyes.
- Moderate to very bad pain. The pain may be so bad that you can't do any of your usual activities.
- Pain that gets worse with routine physical activity
- Nausea, vomiting, or both.
- Pain that gets worse when you're around light, noise, and sometimes smells.
- If you are having trouble with Migraine Headaches, you could ask you doctor on what to do to help from getting them. Your doctor would then tell you to do little physical and mental tests.
- You could also go see a chiropractor, because having tension in your neck and back can also cause really bad headaches.
- A neuropsychologist deals with physical problems with the brain and the psychology and health of the individual- they do MRI's and PET scans etc.
- A psychologist is a medical doctor who can prescribe medications for mood disorders or mental issues - who's specialty is in psychology.
- Mood disorders, mental health, and stress can all cause headaches.
Migraine Visual Aura