Kutz Cougar Courier Times
KUTZ ELEMENTARY SCHOOL'S NEWSLETTER
June 10, 2022
Adelberger Family Update
-Christina Adelberger, Kutz Principal
- Wednesday, June 15- Report Cards posted to Parent Portal @ 1 PM
- Tuesday, July 12- Kutz Library Open from 9 AM to 11:30 AM (see information below)
- Monday, August 1- Homeroom teachers published in Infinite Campus for students K-6
- Wednesday, August 10- Kutz Library Open from 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM (see information below)
- Thursday, August 25 @ 1 PM- Kindergarten Orientation
- Thursday, August 25- TENTATIVE Supply Drop Off
- Monday, August 29- First Day of School
Lost and Found
A Message from Home and School
Dear Kutz Families,
It’s hard to believe that the end of the year is here! The Kutz Home and School Association is grateful for the support of our families as we’ve returned to a more normal year filled with fun events and opportunities to enrich our school.
H&S opened the 2021-22 school year with a focus on fundraising. We had a goal to replenish the H&S funds used over the past two years for teacher and staff appreciation efforts, and to support a return to a full schedule of events and activities for our school community. Due to the support of our families, we exceeded those goals! Our fall Cherrydale and Otis fundraiser saw an 80% participation rate and was our best ever! Many other amazing volunteers planned and ran a series of events for our students and families, some of which also generated additional funds for our H&S. Those events include:
- Family Fun events (Back to School Picnic, Fall Festival, Sweetheart Dance, and Me and My Buddy Event)
- Book Fair
- Holiday Boutique
- Science Fair
- I Run 4 Life
- Passive fundraising events (H&S Spirit Nights, Box Tops, KidStuff Books)
- Homeroom parent activities
Given our exceptionally successful fundraising efforts and participation this year, H&S was able to support a variety of enrichment opportunities and physical improvements to the school, including:
- Funding the purchase of new furniture and supplies to update the student areas of the library for the 2022-23 school year.
- Purchasing a replacement for the Kutz Elementary crayon sign in the front of our building to be installed for the 2022-23 school year.
- Providing numerous teacher and staff appreciation opportunities, such as luncheons and gift cards.
- Funding an Outreach/Sunshine Fund to support students, teachers and staff in need.
- Funding the Teacher’s Discretionary Fund to be used by teachers to purchase items as needed for classrooms.
- Purchasing Scholastic News for students in each homeroom classroom.
- Supporting the Reading Olympics program.
- Providing popsicles for students on Field Day.
- And much more!
The efforts of our volunteers help to make Kutz such a special place for our children. Look for information later this summer about the many ways to participate in H&S. Thank you again for all the support this year and we look forward to a great 2022-23 year!
The Kutz Home and School Association Board
Free and Reduced Lunch for 2022-2023
Central Bucks is pleased to announce the availability of applying for Free and Reduced Price Meals online! The process is SAFE, SECURE, PRIVATE, and AVAILABLE anytime, anywhere!
Instructions: If you are applying for Free and Reduced Lunch and would like your child’s school to provide additional resources to your family, please complete and select which items you would like assistance with. Please return forms to the main office/Mrs. Adelberger (principal).
Health Room Update
Jen Donovan, our certified school nurse, would like to remind families about the health forms which are required each year. Parents are urged to have physical and dental examinations completed by their family physician or dentist. Exams may be completed any time after September 1, 2021 The completed health forms are due to the health office no later than October 15, 2022. Please keep a copy of the health form for your records.
REQUIRED HEALTH EXAMINATIONS FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR:
The State of Pennsylvania mandates the following health examinations:
- Students entering Kindergarten and all students new to the district-- Dental Exam and Physical Exam
- Students entering Grades 3 and 7--Dental Exam
- Students entering Grade 6 and 11-- Physical Exam
Click here for PDF directions for how to input the absence, tardy, or early dismissal.
Click here for video directions for how to input the absence, tardy or early dismissal.
Absence requests will be reviewed by school attendance staff and approved or denied.
Requests made using the parent portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
Parents and guardians can also still call the school to report an absence, but emails will no longer be accepted.
In addition, when a student is absent from school, but the school did not receive communication from the parent or guardian, the following communication will be sent:
- A text message will be sent midmorning notifying the parent or guardian of the absence
- An email will also be sent at the end of the school day reminding the parent or guardian that the student was marked absent.
Thank you for your attention to this.
New Student Registration
If you will have a new student (kindergarten, first grade) attending Central Bucks in the fall of 2022, now is the time to register. Enrollment for all new students (grades kindergarten through 12) is now ongoing. It is strongly recommended that you submit your application no later than June 1, 2022.
Registering students now ensures that buildings plan for appropriate staff and resources for the coming year. Visit www.cbsd.org/register to complete the process online. If your student is currently enrolled, it is not necessary to re-register them, this process is for new students only.
Visit www.cbsd.org/register for more details, including necessary documents to gather in order to register children. Please consider as soon as possible to aid the district in its planning for 2022-2023.
Kutz Passive Fundraisers
Daily School Hours
Kutz is a "B" School
- Arrival begins at 8:30 AM
- Student Day Begins at 8:50 AM
- Student Day Ends at 3:30 PM
- Dismissal Ends at 3:50 PM
- For early dismissal days- dismissal begins at 12:10 PM
- For 2 hour delay days- arrival begins at 10:30 and the student day begins at 10:50
- Morning Kindergarten begins at 8:50 AM (arrival begins at 8:30 AM) and ends at 11:25 AM
- Afternoon Kindergarten begins at 12:55 PM and ends at 3:30 PM
- Beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, we will implement a “modified kindergarten” schedule on weather delay days. The schedule will be as follows for Kutz: AM Students 10:50 AM – 12:35 PM and PM Students 1:45 PM – 3:30 PM
Student Directory 2021-2022
The student directory for the 2021-2022 school year is on the Kutz website! Click here to access it. This is a password protected document. The password was sent in a separate email on October 11th.
Reminder for Volunteer Clearances
The 2021-22 school year brings back opportunities to volunteer in school. If you have not already done so, please click here (https://www.cbsd.org/volunteers) to learn more about the process and requirements to volunteer in CBSD. New this year is the App Garden Volunteer Tracker (https://appgarden5.app-garden.com/VolTrackPA92102.nsf/VolApp.xsp), a contactless application and paperwork submission process. Sign-up is required for both new and returning volunteers.
Clearances expire five years after approval, so please check your CBSD Volunteer card to make sure yours are still current. If you have additional questions about volunteering in our district, please contact Florence at email@example.com or at 267-893-2086.
Thank you for supporting our staff and students by volunteering your time!
Food Service Information
Want to view our lunch menu? Need to add funds to your child's account? Looking for nutrition information? Need to apply for free and reduced breakfast/lunch? Click here to learn more about Food Services in Central Bucks.
Child Care Program
Looking for more information on our Before and After School Programs? Click here to learn how to register your child.
Kutz Character Traits: Perseverance, Integrity, Respect, Responsibility
Christina Adelberger, Principal