The Valley View
Weekly Family Newsletter, October 16, 2020
Parents/Guardians are required to login to the parent portal and complete the daily COVID 19 Student Screener prior to sending their child(ren) to school. Click the button for directions.
FOR PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
If your student will be missing any part of school, whether in-person or remote, please email, AttendancePVS@harrisontwp.k12.nj.us or call the attendance line, 856-223-5120, ext. 2000. Teachers are teaching during the day and are not always able to forward your emails or messages. Thank you.
ALERT FOR FAMILIES WHO ORDER LUNCH WEEKLY
WE NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE!!
Due to the recent increased demand and time constraints for our mid-day bus run, we need parents to pick up lunches for the week.** We have added additional pick up times. Starting on October 19th, ALL lunch pickups will be at Pleasant Valley School on the side of the school by the Basketball courts. Please select your pickup time in the Google form when placing your lunch selections.
7:45 am - 8:45 am
9:30 am - 10:00 am
11:15 am - 12:15 pm
**Delivery option is available for only those in need.**
The sixth-grade hallway is transforming! ELA teachers are branching out with a rain forest theme.
Students are researching and exploring different plants and animals found in the rain forest as part of an expert project.
Save The Rain Forest!
A MESSAGE FOR OUR SIXTH GRADE FAMILIES
Attention 6th Grade Explorer PARENTS:
We need YOU to make this year amazing for our 6th graders!
If you are able to help in any capacity, please reach out to Megan Sakhleh @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 609.254.9172 at your earliest convenience.
Once we have all of our committee members, we will have a Zoom meeting on
Tuesday, November 10th @ 7pm to gather suggestions and develop committees.
Thank you in advance for volunteering; we can't make this year awesome without YOU!
(click the link)
TOYS FOR TOTS
The web address to access this is: https://wenonah-nj.toysfortots.org/local-coordinator-sites/lco-sites/default.aspx?nPageID=100&nPreviewInd=200
Parents can also google "Gloucester County NJ Toys for Tots" and follow the directions for applying for toys.
Collection and distribution of the toys will be held at the municipal building in town.
HALLOWEEN AT PVS, PLEASE READ
- We are hosting several smaller Halloween parades during the AM and PM sessions. The will begin on time. Each student may have two guests attend the parade.
- Remote students who receive their learning at home are invited to walk with their homeroom class. Reference the letter for details.
- The parade takes place in the bus lot behind the school. Classes will walk around the bus lot one time.
- Students may wear costumes to school on 10/30. Reference the letter for guidelines.
- Arrive in plenty of time to see the parade. We will begin on time.
A PEEK AT NEXT WEEK
Monday, October 19th, Day 5
- PTA Meeting @ 7PM; see link on the PTA's website
Wednesday, October 21st, Day 1
Thursday, October 22nd, Day 2
Friday, October 23rd, Day 3
- School Spirit: Super Hero Day!
Further out on our calendar . . .
- October 26th - Board of Education Meeting at 7PM; see link on district's website
- October 28th - Homework Hiatus
- October 30th - Halloween Parades (see the notice above regarding Halloween activities)
Click the button to access the handbook calendar. It's also available on the district's website under the Calendar heading.
Click the button to access the district's Code of Conduct
Pleasant Valley School
The Harrison Township School District is an inclusive community that is child-centered, progressive, and future driven. Respectful of history and tradition, the communities of Jefferson, Richwood, Ewan, and Mullica Hill aim to provide all children with the opportunity to develop their intellectual, physical, and social-emotional selves to be empathetic contributors in our global society.