2018-2019 Parent Newsletter
August 31, 2018 - Issue #3
- Ms. De Silva
- Mrs. Kannmacher
- Mrs. Rowin (100)
- Ms. Adkins
- Mrs. Outlaw (100)
- Mrs. Vasquez
- Ms. Field
- Mrs. Rohne
- Ms. Baker
If our campus earns at least 3,000 Golden Tickets on or before October 19th, we will have a dance party in the gym! Our current campus total is 1050.
Grade Level Totals:
1st Grade: 200
2nd Grade: 250
3rd Grade: 200
LVES WILL BE CLOSED ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3RD IN OBSERVANCE OF LABOR DAY...ENJOY YOUR LONG WEEKEND!
Football Players and Cheerleaders Visit
Running of The Vikings Tonight!
Parents as soon as your child is done running down the field, please head to the stadium seats so the field and sidelines are clear for the football team and coaching staff.
Football Game Reminders for Fans
1. All LVES students must be accompanied by an adult guardian in order to attend Lago Vista High School varsity football home games. The students must remain under the supervision of that guardian while at the stadium. Students are not permitted on the practice field at any point during football games.
2. Standing, loitering, or horseplay under and around the stadium stands, concession stands, or any other area is prohibited. Revealing, provocative and/or inappropriate dress will not be allowed, nor will inappropriate behaviors or foul language. Repeat offenders will be required to leave the stadium and campus.
3. Once inside the stadium, middle school and high school students with a student ticket will be allowed to sit in the designated student area on the home side of the stadium. Students may sit in the reserved or general admission sections only if they are under the supervision of an adult guardian.
4. The use of alcohol, controlled substances, tobacco, and electronic cigarettes are prohibited on school premises.
Lago Vista ISD appreciates everyone’s cooperation and support as we work to keep a safe and enjoyable environment at Viking football games.
Transportation Changes Reminders
Grandparents' Lunch - September 6th and 7th
2nd Grade: 11:40-12:10
1st Grade: 11:10-11:40
3rd Grade: 12:00-12:30
Please arrive a few minutes prior to your grandchild's lunch to find a parking spot and check in through Raptor for your visitor's badge.
WatchDOG Kick-Off Event...
We LOVE having WatchDOGs at LVES and can't wait to have them back!
PTO Meeting on Wednesday, September 5th at 5:00 pm in the Library
Thanks for your support in yearbook as all proceeds support the staff and students of LVES!
Want to Volunteer?
You can download the background check form by clicking on the link below:
Completed forms can be dropped at the LVISD Administration building located at 8039 Bar-K Ranch Road. Please allow at least 2 weeks for background checks to process.
Attendance for the week of 8/30/18: 96.48%
Grade Level Attendance:
1st Grade: 96.67% - Awesome job meeting our weekly attendance goal!
2nd Grade: 98.18% - Awesome job exceeding our weekly attendance goal!
3rd Grade: 96.99% - Awesome job meeting our weekly attendance goal!
Character Trait of The Month...
- Do what you are supposed to do;
- Plan ahead;
- Persevere - keep on trying;
- Always do your best;
- Use self-control;
- Be self-disciplined;
- Think before you act - consider the consequences;
- Be accountable for your words, actions and attitudes;
- Set a good example for others;
- Understand your words and actions matter.
Students will learn more about this month's character trait in weekly Guidance lessons.
Hello LVES Families!
Our first week of class guidance lessons have been fun and full of us getting to know about each other, and what I can do as the school counselor for all students! It is important to me that students as well as parents understand my role as the counselor. The elementary years are a time when students begin to develop their self-concept and feelings of confidence as learners. They are beginning to develop decision-making and life skills, as well as character values. They also begin to form their attitudes toward school, self, peers, and family. My role as their school counselor is important to them, and by collaborating with teachers and parents, I am able to help all students in each of these areas. I also work to ensure that barriers to learning and skill development are removed, and that all students have equal access to a solid education.
Please reach out to me anytime you have concerns about your child, or if your child needs anything to help them become healthy and confident learners. We want all children to achieve academic success, and enjoy being at school!
¡Hola familias LVES! ¡Nuestra primera semana de lecciones de orientación ha sido divertida y llena de información sobre el otro y sobre lo que puedo hacer como consejero escolar para todos los estudiantes! Es importante para mí que tanto los alumnos como los padres entiendan mi papel como consejero. Los años de primaria son un momento en que los estudiantes comienzan a desarrollar su autoconcepto y sentimientos de confianza como aprendices. Están comenzando a desarrollar habilidades para la toma de decisiones y la vida, así como también valores de carácter. También comienzan a formar sus actitudes hacia la escuela, el yo, los compañeros y la familia. Mi papel como consejero escolar es importante para ellos, y al colaborar con maestros y padres, puedo ayudar a todos los estudiantes en cada una de estas áreas. También trabajo para asegurar que se eliminen las barreras para el aprendizaje y el desarrollo de habilidades, y que todos los estudiantes tengan igual acceso a una educación sólida.
Comuníquese conmigo siempre que tenga inquietudes sobre su hijo o si su hijo necesita algo que lo ayude a convertirse en un alumno saludable y seguro. ¡Queremos que todos los niños logren el éxito académico y disfruten de estar en la escuela!
LVES Office Hours
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- September 3rd: Labor Day - Student/Staff Holiday
- September 5th: PTO Meeting, 5:00 pm in Library
- September 6th: Grandparents Lunch for PPCD, Kinder and 2nd Grade
- September 7th: Grandparents Lunch for PK, 1st and 3rd Grade
- September 10th-14th: HOMECOMING SPIRIT WEEK
- September 14th: Football Players and Cheerleaders Visit, 8:00 am
- September 14th: 3rd Grade attends LVHS Homecoming Pep Rally, 10:30 am-11:30 am
- September 14th: Running of The Vikings, 6:50 pm at LVHS field
- September 19th: Watch DOG Kick-Off Meeting, 8:15 am in cafeteria - more details coming soon
- September 28th: Football Players and Cheerleaders Visit; 8:00 am
- September 28th: 2nd Grade attends LVHS Pep Rally, 10:30 am-11:30 am
- September 28th: Running of The Vikings, 6:50 pm at LVHS field