The Ravens' Nest
Randolph Early College High School Newsletter
Week of April 5, 2021
RECHS has a holiday on Monday, April 5th.
With the merging of the AA and BB day students, we had to make some schedule changes to accommodate students. Students with schedule changes will receive updated schedules from their 1st block teachers on Tuesday, April 6th.
We hope all of our students enjoyed the 1st Annual Raven Egg Hunt! Thank you to our Beta Members who helped with this event.
Congratulations to the March Students of the Month!
10th Grade: Leslie Diaz, Lezlie Arrellano, and Ashley Ciriza
11th Grade: Emma Hinshaw and Adriana Martinez Pineda
12th Grade: Catharine Kology and Mariah Brown
Important Academic Advising Updates
- Be on the lookout for an email from Mrs. Blackmon who is sending your graduation requirements and other pertinent information.
- Students need to make sure they have confirmed their email address on self-service in preparation for RRC registration.
- Students who were sent a letter about their academic standing should complete their midterm reports and academic plan to the retention counselor.
- Students need to complete their advising form before April 8th to be eligible for registration on April 12th. Students who have not had their advising meeting need to schedule an appointment by April 9th in order to register for themselves on April 12th. Students who are unable to meet prior to April 9th, will need to schedule an appointment after April 16th to register for their classes.
Take Your Dreams Off Hold: College Is Within Reach!
The pandemic has put a lot of things on hold for North Carolina high school seniors. But the College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) and our statewide education collaborators want to support schools and most importantly — SENIORS — who may need guidance refocusing on college plans.
That’s why CFNC is launching Take Your Dreams Off Hold: College Is Within Reach! This campaign supports high school seniors and parents, to help them complete the three important steps for college enrollment for the fall semester: college application, FAFSA, and residency.
Please click here for more information on residency, FAFSA, and college application completion. For additional information on upcoming events and opportunities, please see CFNC’s Take Your Dreams Off Hold newsletter.
Student Services Advising
Students and their parents are invited to schedule an advising appointment regarding their high school courses with Ms. Breanne Blackmon, if they wish. Please(email@example.com) to schedule an in-person, phone, or Google Meet appointment.
Additionally, all students will be required to meet with Mr. Ferguson for an individual advising meeting concerning their RCC registration for the fall.
Upcoming College Information--Mark Your Calendars!!
- REQUIRED advising for Fall Semester began on Monday, March 1st! Click here to schedule your appointment!
- Parents, please note, that you will have to sign your approval of your child's chosen courses prior to registration. For students who have already had their advising meeting, Mr. Ferguson will be sending those course forms out, so parents be on the look out for those.
- Fall Registration begins on Monday, April 12th!
Mr. Ferguson WILL NOT hold advising appointments during the registration week of April 12-16th!
Randolph Community College Graduation will be held on August 27, 2021 in the evening at Greensboro Coliseum. More information is posted on RCC's website. RCC caps and gowns are not available for purchase at this time. RCC will notify you when you are able to purchase.
Live streams will be available for both ceremonies.
The last day for students to apply for RCC graduation is March 31st. Apply using this link.
9th Grade-----$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
10th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
11th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
12th Grade---$42.00 (Instructional and graduation)
Fees go to providing educational opportunities for students both in person and remote, such as subscriptions, lab materials, supplemental books, etc. Remote students can mail these in if they wish. If mailed, please make to the attention of Christy Cross.
College-Only Students, Please Complete Your Attendance Form DAILY!
Parents and College Grades
FERPA Release Form
Once a FERPA release form has been processed, parents of college students will be able to request any information from their child's records at the registrar's office (full transcript included). Mr. Ferguson will also be able to include the parent's email address when he sends out a student's alert.
The FERPA Form can be found at the following web address: https://etcentral.primary.randolph.edu/#/form/55 .
It must be noted that parents will need to fill out the FERPA form by clicking the "Azure AD" button (pictured).
Parents will then log in with their child's RCC username and password.
This form must be filled out each academic year to retain access. Additionally, once approved, the parent will be able to login and see their child's information without asking their child for it on Self-Service.