Felting & Eco Printing in Ireland
Ten day luxurious residential retreat with Nicola Brown
Invitation from Nicola!
Friday, July 14th, 9am to Monday, July 24th, 11am
Kilgraney Country House, Muine Bheag, Ireland
This exclusive residential workshop includes........
- Collection from Dublin Airport or a city hotel on the morning of Friday 14th July
- Welcome drinks and light evening meal on the first night
- 10 nights shared en-suite accommodation in a courtyard suite (non smoking) at Kilgraney Country House. A single supplement option is also available and a limited number of accompanying non-workshop partners may be accommodated by prior arrangement
- Delicious full Irish or light and healthy breakfast each morning
- Superb lunch each workshop day
- 7 days intensive felting and eco printing workshop on site with Nicola Brown, maximum class size 10 people to ensure everyone gets plenty of individual attention
- Each workshop day will be tailored to give participants the most out of their class. We'll cover different wet felting techniques at the beginning of the retreat then move forward to concentrate on eco printing for the rest of the time. Kilgraney House has marvellous gardens with a wealth of beautiful plant materials for our printing! The direction of the class will be determined to a large extent by the participants, Nicola will make sure that everyone learns new skills in a fun and supportive environment
- All the necessary materials and equipment for the classes are included in the cost of the retreat (merino fibre, embellishing fibres, silk fabric etc.). Participants will be given a list of optional extras which they are free to bring with them or these may be purchased from Nicola's studio at Clasheen if desired
- Two wonderful excursions to see a little more of Nicola's Ireland including a visit to her home at Clasheen, Cushendale Woollen Mill and Suzanna Crampton's working farm to meet her Zwartbles sheep.
- Gala dinner at Kilgraney House on Saturday 22nd
- Drinks reception and end of workshop exhibition on the evening of Sunday 23rd
- Certificate of completion at the end of the retreat
- Delivery back to Dublin Airport or a city hotel early on the morning of Monday 24th
NB This retreat is suitable for both experienced textile artists and total beginners. A small number of non participating partners are also welcome, the price for this includes all excursions and meals as per the programme for workshop participants. Nicola is happy to advise about local wood turning workshops with Glenn Lucas, golf at a selection of championship courses, eco trails with Mary White, walking up Mount Leinster, a visit to Shankill Castle or maybe you'd like to learn how to make traditional Irish soda bread at a nearby cookery school.
A welcome supper on the first night and gala dinner on Saturday are included in the retreat price but no other evening meals are accounted for. Each of the courtyard suites includes a small shared kitchen and very comfortable living area but for those wanting a change of scenery award winning Step House Hotel, a couple of supermarkets, several take aways and a selection of super Irish pubs are only a five minute taxi ride away from Kilgraney!
Cost of the retreat
€1500 non participating partner (sharing accommodation, meals and excursions as above)
€450 single supplement
Retreat fees are strictly non-refundable so Nicola highly recommends holiday insurance.
Please email Nicola to reserve your place or if you have any questions. Payment will be processed through PayPal or by electronic bank transfer.