The Counselor Corner
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE COUNSELORS!
Can Food Drive
The FUMC shared with students the impact their donations make on the community. They just celebrated giving out their 10,000th bag of food. One thing we can do to take our giving ONE step further is to cut out the boxtop coupons on boxes and cans. Please turn those in to the counseling department and we will make sure the church receives those. These coupons will be given to other less fortunate communities in need of support.
Halloween Candy Drive
This year was our first year collecting candy for the Stanley Total Living Center and it was a huge success! The school donated 1,164 bags of candy! Congrats to Mr. Miller's homeroom who won the competition with over 400 bags of candy. The TLC was blown away by the amount of candy donated and were very grateful.
The counseling department recently went into 8th grade classes to give test results from the Explore Assessment. The Explore score report provides students with information about their knowledge, skills, interests and future plans. This information will help students plan for high school coursework, college options and career goals.
This group is designed to raise awareness, develop empathy, teach healthy conflict, explore feelings and promote a positive change in female relationships. The group meets weekly for 45 minutes and will last for 8 weeks.
Halloween Candy Drive
- 42 students are given snack packs every Friday from First Baptist Church
- 7 families accepted a Thanksgiving dinner invitation from Christ Lutheran Church
- 15 families are receiving Christmas assistance from Stanley Pentecostal Church
- 7 families are receiving Christmas assistance from the First United Methodist Church
- MTSS Meetings will pick up in January
- Project AIM begins for 6th grade
- Rachel's Challenge FOR Club continues in January
LOOK AT OUR STUDENTS GIVING BACK!
Blue Devils Shout Outs
Congrats to Ms. Davis upon her graduation with her M.A. in School Counseling from Gardner-Webb University!
Congrats to the SMS wrestlers on being the county champions!
Congrats to the SMS chorus and band for superior concerts!