May 4 - 8
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
- I am not a teacher, but I am an awakener. - Robert Frost
- The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth.' - Dan Rather
- The future of the world is in my classroom today, a future with the potential for good or bad... Several future presidents are learning from me today; so are the great writers of the next decades, and so are all the so-called ordinary people who will make the decisions in a democracy. I must never forget these same young people could be the thieves and murderers of the future. Only a teacher? Thank God I have a calling to the greatest profession of all! I must be vigilant every day, lest I lose one fragile opportunity to improve tomorrow. - Ivan Welton Fitzwater
- One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child. - Carl Jung
- Compassionate teachers fill a void left by working parents who aren't able to devote enough attention to their children. Teachers don't just teach; they can be vital personalities who help young people to mature, to understand the world and to understand themselves. A good education consists of much more than useful facts and marketable skills. - Charles Platt
- A teacher's purpose is not to create students in his own image, but to develop students who can create their own image. - Unknown
- There's no word in the language I revere more than 'teacher.' My heart sings when a kid refers to me as his teacher, and it always has. I've honored myself and the entire family of man by becoming a teacher. - Pat Conroy, Prince of Tides
Congrats to Heather Gregory, our ToY!
May 5th Lunch Change
We will all need to park on the right side of the parking lot to make room for voters. Please park on the playground side of the parking lot this day.
Take a look at the Special Area schedule for Thursday and Friday due to SCPASS.
- Moree meeting at 9am - MGES
- Moree and Rowley meeting at 12:30 - India Hook
- Moree meeting at 8:30 - DO
- Voting at MG - Bagged lunch in classrooms/outside
- Faculty Meeting - PASS Training (Grades 4, 5, Resource, Patty, Speech, Special Area)
- Discipline Committee meeting after PASS training
- Happy National Nurses Day to Barb! We appreciate you for all you do (and put up with)!
- PTA Lunch and Desserts!
- PASS - Science - Grades 4 & 5
11:45 – 12:30 – Second Grade
12:35 – 1:20 – First Grade1:25 – 2:00 – Kindergarten
- PTA Meeting - 6pm
- PASS - Social Studies - Grades 4 & 5
12:00 - 12:40 - Third Grade
12:45- 1:25 - Fourth Grade1:30 - 2:10 - Fifth Grade
- MAP Begins for Grades 3-5 (Click for schedule)
- Grade Level PLC Minutes Due to Canvas
- Girls on the Run 5K!
Reading Coach's Corner
If you haven't already turned in your guided reading data chart, please do so by the end of the day on Monday.
I will be posting a sign up sheet in the mailroom to complete our "Stamina Challenge" for this school year. With testing and F&P's going on, I thought it would be easier for you to select a time.
12 - Faculty Meeting
14 - Student Leaders Trip to Aquatics Center
15 - PTA Dance
15 - Last day to check-out books in the library
18 - 22 - Porkchop Productions
20 - First and Fifth Grades to Dutchman for Sound of Music
21 - Knights of the Roundtable & Gallant Girls Trip
21 - Last day to take personal leave
22 - All student books due to library
25 - Bad Weather Make-up Day
26 - All teacher books due to library
27 - Fifth Grade to tour Dutchman Creek at 9am
28 - Field Trip for Noble Knights, KnightLine, and Student Ambassadors
29 - iPad Roll-in
1 - Field Day
2 - Book Swap for Students (Melisa will send details)
3 - Kindergarten Promotion
4 - Fifth Grade Promotion