The war of 1812
By Mahkye Hayden
Events that lead america to war with the British.
2. Another event was the removal sailors from U.S. merchant ship and forcing them to work for British navy commonly known as impressment.
3. President James Madison blocked all trade with Britain that November of 1810.
4. In August 24, 1814, the British took the capital and burned it to the ground.
5. The United States at the command of Oliver Hazard Perry successfully won the the Battle of Lake Erie in September 1813.
Honorable mentions regarding the war of 1812
2.The Treaty of Ghent was signed on December 24, 1814 in the city of Ghent.
3.January, 1815 Jackson defeats the British in the battle of New Orleans.
4. nothing was gain by the war at all Canada stayed Canada Britain backed for America, so the only true change was the new respect for america and the 11 million dollars in debt that both america and Great Britain share.