For New & Experienced Mothers
How To Prepare For The Pregnancy and the BABY
- You should right away start taking Prenatal Vitamins To help the baby develop.
- You should not smoke or do any other bad health habits while your pregnant it can affect your baby.
- Before your due-date you should have a suitcase ready for when its time to leave to the hospital.
- Eat Healthy!
- Some symptoms in the first few weeks of pregnancy are
- Breast Changes
- Slight spotting and cramps
- In Trimester 1 it takes a whole week for the fetus to reach the uterus.
- The babies heart is the first to grow.
- In the first 4 weeks the baby is as big as a poppy seed!
- By about 16 weeks you will begin feeling movement from your baby.
- Crowding if often felt by this stage and you will become less and less comfortable.
- Your baby now is the size of an Avocado!
- You may start to see stretch marks and a little of weight put on!
- By 28 weeks you may find yourself sleeping less and less, it is important to take time to relax and rest.
- Your baby is starting to develop more fat so her wrinkly skin will start to get smoother.
- Your baby is now the size of and eggplant
- The lungs are mature enough that the baby will have a chance of survival if born now!
- By 32 weeks your body and your baby's body are pretty much ready for arrival
Quick Facts on Signs of Labor;
- Lightening- baby settles into mother's pelvis
- Bloody show- mother loses mucus plug
- Water Breaking- loss of amniotic fluid
- Contractions-tightening and releasing of uterine muscle
- Dilation- cervix opening grows(measured in cm.)