Ms. Davis' 1st Grade Happenings!
We had another wonderful week in first grade! Thank you to everyone who came out for Open House! It was great seeing you all again!
You should have received your child’s second spelling test on Friday. We counted the 1st test as a practice test so I did not send it home. The grading on the spelling test is as followed:
-Level 4: 100% of words spelled correctly
-Level 3: 80% - 99% of words spelled correctly
-Level 2: 50% - 79% of words spelled correctly
-Level 1: below 50% of words spelled correctly
A spelling test grade will be a portion of your childs literacy grade each quarter. An average grade will be calculated each quarter.
Next Week We Will...
- Math: Use addition within 20 to solve equations
- Science: Continue our comparing and measurement unit
- Social Studies: Discuss various aspects of our home community and school community
- Literacy: Learn new spelling words, review short vowels and their sounds, Introduce daily 5 centers: read to self, read to someone, work on writing
- Writing: Learn when to use capital letters in our writings. Also Continue to write short narratives using transition words; first, next, and last
- Please make sure you are reading at least 15 to 20 minutes every night and recording it in your reading log!
- Please encourage your child to take items out of his/her STAR binder every morning that need to be turned in
- Remember all homework is due on Friday!
- Please be sure to complete a spelling activity every night!
- Please allow your child to be as independent as possible while doing his/her homework. Let them complete it by themselves first, then you can go back with them and make corrections
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great week!