John Barclay Elementary School - September 30, 2014
October 6th & 7th
- Grade 6 Ropes Course
- Book Fair (Family Night Monday 6:00pm-8:00pm)
- Home & School Meeting (7:00pm in library)
- Market Day (4:00 - 5:30pm)
- Pretzel Day
- Picture Day
- Chick-fil-A Spirit Night
- PARENTS- Barclay MATH NIGHT - "Get to the Nitty Gritty of CB Math"!
GRIT at Barclay
2014-2015 Cafeteria Information
Breakfast: $1.65 Full, $0.30 Reduced
Lunch: $2.55 Full, $0.40 Reduced
Money can be added to student lunch accounts using www.myschoolbucks.com. Money can also be added by bringing a check to the cafeteria made out to CBSD.
Charge Policy: Elementary students may charge up to 5 meals. Once the charge limit is exceeded, students will have the option of a cheese or peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Make sure to check out our breakfast menu. The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids act of 2010 requires that students take a fruit or fruit juice with breakfast to make a meal.
Math Curriculum Night
EVERY PARENT is invited to attend our special Parent Night at Barclay: “Get to the Nitty GRITTY of CB Math”. I am looking to see EVERY PARENT come out to dig into an official parent math lesson taught by YOUR CHILD’S teacher, just for you. The goal is to give you a better grasp on concepts your child will encounter throughout the school year as well as point you toward resources for continued support. This way, you can feel confident that you really ARE smarter than your fifth grader (or sixth grader, first grader, etc.)! Please know, this is a PARENT ONLY event. While we love the kids, they need to stay home so there will be no distraction as you learn with the teachers.
“Get to the Nitty GRITTY of CB Math” will be held on Thursday evening, October 16th. Be sure to RSVP to the invitations. Another invitation is coming home THIS Thursday in the Thursday envelope. RSVP so we know you are coming. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Drop-off and pick-up line at Barclay
Drop-off and pick-up line at Barclay: Please be sure to practice the SAFEST drop-off and pick-up procedures at all times. Be certain to:
- Have your child get in and out on the RIGHT SIDE of the vehicle only
- Do not need to get out of you vehicles, we will help small children with car doors if needed
- Give that good-bye kiss or hug to your child before you pull up to the school, as some parents really lengthen the goodbye time which is inconsiderate to those behind you