Peter The Great
By Aaron Baker
Accomplishments Of Peter
- westernized the country of Russia
- failed to expanded the borders over the Black sea so Russia had a warm water port for year round trade but Catherine the Great did.
- Centralized the power to Royals in Russia
- Expanded, empowered, and massed a huge army, which made Russia a military power
- Made a navy from nothing
Interesting facts about Peter
- He was 6'8 with a probable heavy Russian accent and tried to go under cover.
- Had a policy that the country needs to be more westernized
- the capital of Russia St. Petersburg, was created by him and was subsequently named it after himself
- held lavish parties that mixed sexes to introduce westernized customs.
Pictures of the Great Monarch
Traits of Peter the Great
- He was curious when he went to Europe to learn their customs and culture.
- He was persistent in his efforts to expand his borders
- he was very versatile, as he could design a whole city, being able to command and rebuild an army, and being able to introduce modern culture to a large country.
Policies of Peter the great
- Peter the Great forced the nobles to ditch their robes and to cut their beards to match western fashion.
- Peter promotes the belief of serfdom
- forced the nobles to work for the state
PETER THE GREAT (discovery)