2021-2022 - Friday, October 15, 2021
From the Principal:
Collectively we have crossed the first grading period milestone. Families and teachers are working hard to help students reshape their learning muscle memory for student responsibility and academic accountability. The partnership between school and home is invaluable.
We are four days into the second grading period, we remind students to be proactive and make the most of each moment in the classroom. Because learning does not solely occur at Collins students must sometimes utilize home time to finish assignments, work on projects, and study for tests. Reading everyday must be a priority in all of our homes. Even if our children tell us they have no homework - they should always read each night.
Parent Access Center is the best way to check on your child's progress, and when needed, create proactive action plans with teachers to keep grades reflecting student effort and ability.
The First Grading Period Report Card is located in Parent Access now. Please be sure to log to view the report card.
Wishing you a joyful upcoming weekend,
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- Students are considered tardy if not in classroom seat by the 8:50 tardy bell
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:30 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:30 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:35 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Tuesday, October 12th - October 29th
- Friends of Collins PTO Fundraiser
Monday, October 18th
- Final Day of Coats for Kids Drive
Tuesday, October 19th
- College Park Feeder Choir Concert 6:30 PM (performers report 5:30 PM)
October 25th - 29th
- Red Ribbon Week
Thursday, October 28th
- Class Pictures & Yearbook Picture Make-Up/Re-Take
November 1st - 5th
- Collins Book Fair
Monday, November 8th
- PTO Meeting 1:15 In Person and Zoom
Thursday, November 11th
- Conroe ISD's Salute to Our Veterans
Friday, November 12th
- Progress Report for Second Grading Period
Monday, November 22nd - Friday, November 26th
- Thanksgiving Break
- 5th Grade Winter Band Concert (First Concert) 5:30 PM @ College Park Auditorium
- 5th Grade Winter Band Concert (Second Concert) 6:30 PM @ College Park Auditorium
- 6th Grade Winter Band Concert7:30 PM @ CPHS
Wednesday, December 8th
- Orchestra Winter Concert @ Collins (Times TBA)
Thursday, December 9th
- Collins Chorale Winter Concert 5:30 PM Collins Gym
Monday, December 13th
- PTO Meeting 1:15 In Person and Zoom
Friday, December 17th
- Student Early Dismissal
- Last Day of Second Grading Period
- Referrals for GT Testing Due to Mrs. Cucinotta
Monday, December 20th - Tuesday, January 4th
- Winter Break
Parents will be limited to three lunch visits for the fall semester. We will evaluate our lunch visitor plan through December and make adjustments as needed for the spring semester.
Conroe ISD’s Salute to Our Veterans
COVID-19 Positive Self-Report
The parents now can self-report their students' Covid positives. We ask that you please self-report your child's positive Covid tests.
The process is:
- Sign on to student's SSO
- Click on Covid Central
- Click on Self Report
- Enter information
- The app will generate a return to school date through an email
- The app will email the school nurse and will let the nurse know that the parent requested contact from the nurse if the parent requested contact
Next week, from the 18th until the 22nd, will be the second round of guidance lessons! In both 5th and 6th grade, we will be talking about this month’s Colossal Cobra trait of Responsibility. We can’t wait to work with your students all week!
October 25th through the 29th is Red Ribbon Week! Help us “Say No To Drugs” by dressing up for our campus-wide dress up days!
If you’d like to volunteer to shelve or repair books in the Collins Library, please go to this link to sign up: https://forms.gle/y6WHSgXCTYRkpvZn7
Volunteers will need to complete the volunteer form on the CISD website prior to being invited to help in the library. You can find that information here! https://www.conroeisd.net/community/volunteer-in-cisd/
The first in person book fair since 2019 is coming November 1-5! Students will be shopping during their PE time. Watch your LC newsletters for all the specifics!
Sign up to volunteer during the fair here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B4DABA722A0FE3-book
Sign up to shop with your student here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B4DABA722A0FE3-family
Shopping starts November 1! Can’t wait to see you at the Collins Book Fair!
We are celebrating Digital Citizenship Week(s) at Collins!
We are celebrating Digital Citizenship Week(s) at Collins! Click the link for info you can share with your family! https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vRzjaPCp-F6MkcDE6UaCIGf6xw4j0_NDL_5nNhqsvOLYJbj1zPRryTTuQZdX8jpWcLOHlFXAzIftYkz/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=60000
Friends of Collins
The Friends of Collins PTO fundraiser kicks off on Tuesday, October 12 and will run through October 29. We are asking for families and friends to donate generously to support our children and Collins Intermediate. This will be the only PTO fundraiser for the fall semester.
Donations can be made on Membership Toolkit, no login required.
Donations can be any amount to contribute to the homeroom class goals, but individual prizes will be awarded based on the levels below:
Levels of Giving and Individual Prizes
● Level 1: $50 - Collins Water Bottle & entry into Free Yearbook Drawing
● Level 2: $100 - Collins Yard Sign OR Collins Tote Bag + Level 1 prize
● Level 3: $150 - Collins Tumbler + Level 1 and 2 prizes
● Level 4: $200+ - Entry into Drawing for Main Event Gift Bag + Level 1, 2 and 3 prizes
To encourage participation, Homeroom Class Prizes will also be awarded:
Homeroom Class Prizes
● First homeroom class to reach $1000 - Pop It Keychain for each student
● Level 1: $1000 - Extra Recess
● Level 2: $1500 - Electronics Time
● Top Fundraising Class in Each Grade will have a Donut Party
PTO fundraising benefits your students & Collins by providing funding for Class Field Trips, Music & PE Equipment, Technology (Chromebooks and iPads), Field Day, and more.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Email us at email@example.com
PTO Membership and School Spirit Shirts
Go to www.collinsmembershiptoolkit.com and join the PTO today! By joining the PTO you will gain access to our secure online directory as well as be “in the know with PTO.” Have you purchased your spirit wear yet? Order today so your child can show their Cobra Pride!
In addition to our 2021-2022 spiritwear shirts (shown above), we now have “vintage” spirit wear available to purchase on the webstore! You don’t want to miss out on some great deals!
Yearbooks on Sale NOW!
Calling all PTO Volunteers!
Calling all Volunteers! Fill out the google form using the link below to let the PTO know your availability and areas of interest.
Referral requests are now open for the Conroe Independent School District Gifted and Talented program. Although the testing will not take place until late January, referral requests are accepted at this time. Referral requests can be made by the parents and/or campus staff. If you are interested in referring your child, you are welcome to discuss this with your child’s LC teachers. Referrals will be accepted through December 17, 2021.
CLICK HERE to access the referral. Please place the completed referral in an envelope to the attention of Amanda Cucinotta and have your student turn it into the front office.
There are a few teams who have not finalized their registration. Below are upcoming deadlines for all teams.
Friday, Oct 22, 2021 Single Team CISD registration forms submitted to the District. Forms must be submitted by this date. Electronically send team forms to Chris Reichelt at firstname.lastname@example.org Team rosters do not have to be finalized at this point.
Tuesday, Nov 2, 2021 Team Manager training
Friday November 19, 2021 REGISTRATION FOR REGIONAL DI TOURNAMENT DUE TO GIFTED PROGRAMS
Register online on RYT (Directions provided at trainings.) FAILURE TO PROCESS YOUR PAPERWORK AT THE TEXAS DI WEBSITE BY THE ABOVE DUE DATE MAY RESULT IN CISD NOT FUNDING YOUR TEAM.
Friday, December 17, 2019 - REGISTER APPRAISERS AND FINAL CHANGES TO REGISTRATION
Please complete the team information here !
Wednesday, January 5th
- First Day of the Second Semester
Monday, January 17th
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - School Holiday
Thursday, January 28th
- Club and Group Picture Day
- Spring Individual Picture Day
Friday, February 18th - Monday, February 21st
- Student Holiday (President's Day 2/21/22)
Thursday, March 10th
- End of Third Grading Period
Friday, March 11th - Friday, March 18th
- Spring Break
Friday, April 15th - Monday, April 18th
- School Holiday
Tuesday, May 10th
- 6th STAAR Math
- 5th STAAR Math Retest
Wednesday, May 11th
- 6th STAAR Reading
- 5th STAAR Reading Retest
Thursday, May 12th
- 5th STAAR Science
- 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Friday, May 13th
- 5th and 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Thursday, May 26th
- Last Day of School - Student Early Dismissal
- End of Fourth Grading Period
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.