UCS Elementary Virtual Academy
Week of December 6-10, 2021
We are committed to exemplary teaching and learning in order for our students to be prepared for success in the 21st Century.
Virtual Academy Expectations
Please talk with your student about the expectations within the TEAMS chat. Students should refrain from having secondary chats occurring during the school day. All chats, whether within or outside of school hours, should only contain school appropriate language and images.
Dates to Remember
7th- Wear A Holiday Shirt Day
8th - Dress for the Holiday
9th- Warm, fuzzy day- Wear a cozy sweater, scarf, or flannel today!
10th- Dress Like An Elf Day- Elfie Selfie Day!
13th- Team Frosty (Wear White) or Team Rudolph (Wear Red)
14th - Santa Day (Don't forget the hat)
15th- Holiday Hat/Necklaces/Festive Attire
16th- Dress Like The Grinch or Someone From Whoville
17th- 1/2 Day of School Ugly Sweater Day
20th - 31st - No School - Holiday break
Jan 3, 2022 - Welcome back
VIRTUAL STUDENT MEALS
- Breakfast & lunch meals are available for virtual enrolled students only.
- Meals must be pre-ordered by Thursday the week before to ensure meal availability.
- For August 31 pickup we will allow meal orders until August 30.
- Meals can be ordered at www.sendmoneytoschool.com.
- You will need your student's school ID number. This is available on Powerschools as well as from your school's main office.
- We have provided a video link for you on how to order these meals.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut30F33DR_U&feature=youtu.be
- You will only be able to order meals for those students in Virtual School.
- Students attending in person learning, meals are available in their buildings during specified meal times.
- Menus for both programs will be different so please check the menu for your student's specified school and program.
- Meals are available for pickup at Stevenson (door 25) & Eisenhower (door 1) from 12:30-1:30pm on Mondays (Tuesdays when holidays are on Mondays) near the main offices.
- You must park and enter the designated door to pickup these meals. There is currently no outside pickup.
- You receive enough breakfasts and lunches to cover the school days. Non-school days are not allowed in the current program.
- If you have questions please call our office at 586-797-1180
UCS Family Literacy Connection
UCS Family Literacy Connection is a bimonthly communication compiled by the Elementary Literacy Coaches/Consultants of the UCS Literacy Department. Each edition will highlight activities to support literacy development at home. This edition is for November/December. Please use the link below to access the newsletter.
2022 Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday K-12 Video Contest
2022 Superintendent’s Scholarship
UCS graduating seniors are invited to apply for the 2022 Superintendent’s Scholarship awards program. The scholarships are funded with proceeds from the Utica Community Schools Foundation for Educational Excellence’s annual Evening of Excellence and other sources.
Online applications will go live on Tuesday, December 7, 2021. Students are required to submit a copy of their high school transcript as well as receive one recommendation from a teacher, school counselor, administrator or non-family member. The individual making the recommendation will need to submit an online appraisal.
In addition to the Superintendent’s Scholarship, there are several optional scholarship opportunities within the application – the Brett Klenow Scholarship, the Stefan’s Hope Scholarship, the Larry M. Smith Memorial Scholarship, and the Richard LaBaere Educational Scholarship.
Please encourage students to complete the online application available on December 7 at: www.UticaK12.org/SuperintendentScholarship or on the UCS home page under “Students” in the mid-menu on the center of the page. The deadline to submit the completed application and appraisal is 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, January 5, 2022.