Soule Elementary Cowboy Connect
Important Upcoming Dates:
- 10/2-10/6- Bully Prevention Week (see dress up days below) ALSO
- 10/2-10/6- BOOK FAIR WEEK! SEE INFORMATION BELOW
- 10/2-10/5- SILLY STORE
- 10/5- 3rd Grade to Pumpkin Patch
- 10/6- ELEMENTARY NIGHT AT MEMORIAL STADIUM
- 10/3- Fall into Reading Night with Pizza!
- 10/6- Lockdown Drill (within school building)
- 10/12- Fire Department Visit for K-2
- 10/13- Kinder & 4th Grade to the Pumpkin Patches
- 10/16- 1st Grade to Pumpkin Patch
- 10/18- 2nd Grade to Pumpkin Patch
- 10/19 and 10/20- NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- 10/23-10/27- Red Ribbon Week (see dress up days below)
- 10/27- Fall Picture Retakes
- 10/31- Favorite Book Character Parade on Soule Field @ 2:30. All families, please join your child!
First Week (10/2-10/6)
Soule will participate in events to bring awareness to prevent bullying and promote kindness.
Monday- Workout Barbie and Ken Day! We workout our problems with kindness! Dress in your best workout gear!
Tuesday-National PINK day! Power In Nice and Kindness! Rock your pink today and get caught being kind!
Wednesday- Pledge to stop bullying. Every student will sign an anti bullying pledge to be displayed in the school.
Thursday-Building Brains to Stand Against Bullies! Each student will be given a bully prevention book mark to color and use in their library or Book Fair Books.
Friday-"We're All On the Same Team" Spirit Day, Dress in your favorite Soule Shirt
Tuesday, 10/3- Fall into Reading
Fall Book Fair Information
When: Oct. 2nd - 6th
Monday - Library Class Shopping Time Only (NO MORNING TIME)
Tuesday - 7:15 - 7:45a.m. Family Shopping Time Library Class Shopping Title I Night: 5:30 - 6:30p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday - 7:15 - 7:45a.m. Family Shopping Time Library Class Shopping
The Librarian will work with each teacher if a student brings money on a non-library day. We will make sure students are able to shop if they bring money and Shop Alone Form
● We only have one cash register this time (we’ve always had two in the past). We are using a few minutes of library class time to hopefully help cut down on the morning shopping.
● All students must have a pink Shop Alone Form or an adult during the morning Family Shopping Time
OCTOBER SILLY STORE! 10/2-10/5, Forms due on Thursday morning!
Orders will be filled in a “mystery bag” style.
You will choose what items you want to order and how many of each item.
The “scents” or items you receive will be chosen at random to fill your order.
We will do our best to give you a variety but please know you may get a duplicate if you order multiple months.
If an item runs out, we will choose an item as close to it as possible to fill your order.
Orders will be filled and delivered to students in individual bags to go home on Friday of that week.
Second week (10/9-10/13)
- Students will begin BOWLING in the Gym starting this week and ending 10/17!
Third Week (10/16-10/20)
10/16- 1st Grade to Pumpkin Patch
10/18- 2nd Grade to Pumpkin Patch
10/19 & 10/20- NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS (Professional Development days for teachers)
Fourth week (10/23-10/27) & Fifth Week (10/31-11/3)
Monday- "It’s Cool to be drug free" Wear sunglasses today
Tuesday- "Peace out to drugs" Wear Tie Dye or Peace Signs
Wednesday- "Being Drug Free is no sweat" Wear Sweats Day
Thursday- "From Head to Toe, I’m drug free" Crazy Hair and Crazy Sock Day
Friday- "Team Up Against Drugs" Wear a favorite team jersey or a school spirit shirt
SOULE BOOK CHARACTER PARADE- Tuesday, October 31st @ 2:30pm
The Dodge City High School Athletic Department is hosting Elementary Night at Red Football
· – Presented by Building Solutions. The Red Demons will take on the Hays Indians on Friday night (October 6) at Memorial Stadium.
o All elementary students (accompanied by a paying adult) will receive FREE ADMISSION to the game.
The first (200) elementary students will receive a drawstring backpack courtesy of Building Solutions.
Also, the VIP Seating Section – located in the first four rows in front of the reserved seating section – will be blocked off for USD443 Elementary Teachers & their families. We will also recognize the Elementary Teachers in attendance between the 1st & 2nd quarters. Wear SOULE SHIRTS!!!
Medicine while at school
- A written Permission for Administration of Medication form must be submitted
- Medicine must be taken and kept to and with School Nurse
- Medicine must be in an original container and properly labeled with student's name, current date and authorized dosage instruction.
- Even over-the-counter meds should not be maintained on school premises, unless written parent permission to administer is obtained.