A Weekly Newsletter From Grant School & the Grant PTA
Week of September 15, 2020
Dear Grant Community,
One way I'd like to combat that isolation and support one another is through the sharing of successful strategies that are being used by families.
- Is there a way that you are scheduling your day that has proven helpful for your student?
- Do you utilize your teacher's office hours to get questions answered?
- What have you found is the best way to manage a possible increase in screen time during distance learning?
- Are you having success with frequent breaks throughout the day?
We are looking to hear from both students and parents to find out about your pro-tips so that we can share them with the Grant community. We look forward to hearing from you!
Bake Cookies with Mr. Max & Mrs. Crysdale!
Grant School Song Challenge!
*Please note: Sheet music has been added below for our musicians!
Grant PTA Covid-19 Budget Changes
Dear Grant PTA Association,
At our September 24th Association Meeting we will be reviewing the Grant PTA budget for the 2020-2021 School Year. Here are a few highlights:
Every teacher will get $48/student for classroom supplies for the school year
We dedicated $4000 for individual professional development requests for teachers (and we already had some teachers attend programs about virtual learning!)
We have dedicated $5500 to technology
Due to public health concerns, we don’t anticipate being able to hold large gatherings this year. However, we have kept these budget lines with the hope that something may change.
At Grant, we are able to do an excellent job of supporting our staff and students because of donations like yours that are directly putting supplies into the hands of our hardworking teachers.
If you have any questions about the budget, please contact our PTA Treasurer, Megan Kelly at email@example.com
Grant Events for 2020/2021
Jog-a-thon, Ice Cream Social, Grant Family BBQ, Back to School Night and more. Other events like our Family Dance, Talent Show, School Play, International Night and Dr. Seuss' Birthday event bring families together to celebrate and connect. This year, those things we can do virtually, we will. Other things will likely not happen as large gatherings remain unsafe during the pandemic. We are trying to be creative and come up with new ways to connect. If you have any ideas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you Joined the Grant PTA?
Here is the link to join and to find other useful information!
Farm Fresh to You Fundraiser!
Grant Virtual Talent Show #2!
*Community Service Project!
Petaluma People Services Center has a fun service project for Petalumans of all ages! They are looking for coloring pages for our isolated seniors. All you have to do is draw a picture in black marker (not a lot of fine detail!) and then PPSC will make a coloring book for our seniors to color. Email your submission to email@example.com. Make sure to let them know it’s from a Grant Family!
*Online Services from the Petaluma Library :
and check out the kids page for great ideas! https://sonomalibrary.org/kids
In the Thank You Column:
- Many thanks to all of our Grant families who have donated brown paper bags.
- Thank you to our Grant community for their continued hard work and dedication!
- Thank you to the TIDE committee for their work last week!
- Three cheers for Grant teachers for being extra organized and getting another two weeks of learning materials ready for pick up. Thank you for planning everything so far in advance and giving us all the tools we need to get it all done!
At a Glance
- September 24 - PTA Association Meeting