Centennial Middle School
HAPPY HAPPY SUMMER!!!
June 18, 2021
Dear Centennial Families,
We made it! After the most unusual school year we have come to our last day together. Congratulations to everyone for finishing this year and we hope the future looks different. We anticipate the fall will look much more normal and back to school full time.
Best wishes to our 8th graders as they move on to the high school and best of luck to you in the future!
We look forward to seeing our returning Patriots August 24th and 25th for our Patriot Start Up Days. More details to come!
Have a wonderful summer everyone.
CMS Last Chance Material Collection
The CMS office will be open Monday the 21st through Thursday the 24th from 8:00-2:00pm.
Fun Daily Recognitions
June 19 - National Garfield the Cat Day
June 21 - Summer Solstice
June 22 - National Onion Ring Day
June 24 - National Pralines Day
June 25 - National Take Your Dog to Work Day
SHS Sports Information from Coaches!
JOIN HIGH SCHOOL CROSS COUNTRY--NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!!
NO…WE DON’T RUN 10 MILES EVERYDAY!!!
But we do…….
- Require NO EXPERIENCE!!!
- Have the highest team grade point for both the boys (3.6 gpa) and girls(3.7) teams of all Fall Sports.
- Pride ourselves as having those in the front of the pack as well as those in the back of the pack!
- Traditionally have numerous STUDENTS OF THE QUARTER, kids involved in ASB and athletes that participate in other sports throughout the year.
- Offer one of the few coed sports so your student can meet new people.
- Travel to meets near and far….in the past we have travelled to Stanford, Phoenix, Yakima, Silverwood, Richland, Seaside and more.
- In the past we have won multiple WESCO & NW District Championships and have had many state meet appearances.
- There will be more information forthcoming or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
General Information for Families
Kids' Cafe-Summer Schedule
Kids' Cafe - Summer schedule
All area kids age 18 and younger are invited to join us at our Kids' Café summer breakfast and lunch program. The program is free, and there is no pre-registration or sign-up. Kids just need to show up and enjoy a great breakfast and/or lunch. Kids' Café is held Monday through Friday and runs from Tuesday, June 22, through Friday, August 27.
We offer meals at the following times and locations:
- Three Rivers Mobile Home Park - 11:15-11:30 a.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Snohomish Boys and Girls Club - 8:30-9 a.m. Breakfast and 11:50 a.m.-12:05 p.m. Lunch
- Snohomish Aquatic Center - 12:10-12:25 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Circle H Mobile Home Park - 12:45-1 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Snohomish Mobile Home Park on Avenue D - 11:20-11:40 a.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Snohomish High School - 11:50 a.m.-12:05 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Valley View Middle School - 12:20-12:35 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
A Note from Our Centennial Library: Book Cafe!
Book Café information - Make sure you keep a lookout for the Book Café in a neighborhood near you! The Book Café is delivering free books for students to read throughout the summer. Watch for the Book Café vehicle on Mondays from June 28 through August 23 at the following locations:
- 11 a.m. - Three Rivers Mobile Home Park
- 11:40 a.m. - Plantation Park Mobile Home Park
- 12.05 p.m. - Snohomish Mobile Home Park
- 12:30 p.m. - Circle H Mobile Home Park
School library information - The following elementary school libraries will be open from 9-11 a.m. every Wednesday from July 7 through August 11:
- Riverview Elementary
- Totem Falls Elementary
A Snohomish School District staff member will be available at each location to greet students and their families and to check-out books. Students must be accompanied by an adult. All students are welcome at either location, including entering kindergarteners. Washington State Department of Health safety protocols will be followed.
Sno-Isle Libraries summer reading program - Sno-Isle Libraries is ready to help kids and teens stay engaged with reading with its annual summer reading program. Starting June 21, kids and teens who read for 10 hours by Sept. 12 will earn a free book, courtesy of the Sno-Isle Libraries Foundation and Friends of the Library groups. Learn more about the program by clicking here.
Important 21-22 school year dates!
- Wednesday, September 8, 2021 - First day of school
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 - Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 24, 2021 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 25-Friday, November 26, 2021 - Thanksgiving Break
- Friday, December 17, 2021 - Half-day early release
- Monday, December 20-Friday, December 31, 2021 - Winter Break
- Monday, January 17, 2022 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Friday, February 18-Monday, February 21, 2022 - Mid-Winter Break
- Monday, April 4-Friday, April 8, 2022 - Spring Break
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - Memorial Day
Free Community Programs
Below are links to some free and low-cost programs which we are aware of that are available for our district students and community members:
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, email@example.com; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7314, firstname.lastname@example.org.