Heath Brook School
Principal's Update: September 5th, 2018
Gr. 1 & 2 Open House:
Here is the agenda for the night:
6:00-6:30: Information session 1 in homerooms
6:30-7:00: Information session 2 in homerooms
7:00-7:30: Presentations from Principal, School Nurse, PAC/SEPAC, Librarian in the Cafeteria
(parents exit directly from Cafeteria)
Weathering the Heat:
The Heath Brook School has been working collaboratively with the Superintendent's office to evaluate building conditions until the heat has passed. Here are just a few steps we have taken to stay as cool as possible:
- Large industrial fans have been placed strategically in hallways to keep air flow moving
- Each homeroom has received box fans
- Students are encouraged to stay hydrated/drink water frequently over the course of the day
- Classrooms have been moved to cooler building locations
- Students and staff are utilizing our air-conditioned spaces throughout the building
- Physical education classes have been cancelled/held in cooler locations inside the building
- Recess routines have been adjusted based on air temperature and humidity levels
Important Information Needed!
Click Here: Accident/Illness Form
Click Here: PreK-Gr.4 Student Handbook
Click Here: Student Handbook Sign Off Form
Morning Drop Off Update!
Click here for a visual map of our morning drop off route!
For those of you who drive your child(ren) to school, we kindly ask that you remain in your vehicle and use the single file drop off line. When parents park, we worry about our families crossing the moving line of traffic to bring their children across the parking lot.
If there are extenuating circumstances that require assistance, please park in the front of the school and come in through the main office or call us in advance!
Thanks for all your help getting our students to school safely!