October 3, 2019
Here is What Happened this Week!
- Wednesday was National Custodians Day! Our PTO readied special lunch treats for Mr. Jerry, Mr. Andy, Mr. Bill, and Mr. Fred. We are so lucky to have this team of custodians looking out for the safety and cleanliness of our building. Thank you!
- We had Fire Prevention Assemblies today. We thank Fire Marshal Ed Pfeiffer, President of the Hartsville Fire Company, and his assistants, some students from Middle Bucks Institute of Technology who are in the Public Safety program. Fire Marshal Pfeiffer reminds all of us to check our smoke detectors to make sure the batteries are good and the detectors are working. For more information about fire prevention: firepreventionweek.org.
- In September, Dr. Leatherbarrow read parts of a poem by Marie Matheny titled Special Day to classes as she gave students with September birthdays a special pencil and sticker. This week, she announced that if students write a birthday poem and share it with her, she will use their poem at some point during the school year when giving pencils and stickers each month.
- Dr. Leatherbarrow shared with students that Mr. Joe Heine, 5th Grade Teacher, will be the Student Council Advisor this year! Students in 3rd through 6th grades should stay tuned for information regarding elections and more.
What's Happening Next?
- Tomorrow is a WARWICK SPIRIT DAY! Wear your Maroon and White with Warwick Bear Pride!
- We will kick off our two weeks of APEX Leadership Fun with a Pep Rally on Monday.
- We have school photos on Monday.
- There is no school for students on Wednesday, October 9.
- PTO Family Fun Night: DelVal Hayride on Friday, October 11th from 7 - 9 PM (https://marketatdelval.ticketleap.com/2019-moonlit-fall-harvest-fun-for-warwick-elementary-families/details)
- Bucks County Book Festival: Doylestown, PA, October 12-13
Click here to see more events planned for Warwick during this school year.
New this year! Please use the Microsoft Forms link below to submit a nomination for Boomerang Recognition to a deserving Warwick student. This month's we are recognizing students who exemplify Asset #18 Youth Programs: Young person spends 3 or more hours per week in sports, clubs or organizations at school or in the community. Nominations are due by Wednesday, October 23rd.
- Please enjoy our October Library Newsletter...
- Check out the Kindness Club for 5th and 6th graders. See the PDF linked below. Mrs. Sleicher will distribute sign up forms to interested 5th and 6th grade students tomorrow.
Please click on our link to the Parent/Guardian Handbook (a.k.a "The Warwick Welcome") to learn more Warwick information, practices, procedures, and policies.
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Use this link to update your student's emergency information, check attendance, see immunizations, and more.
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Stay tuned for NEW information on how to "clip" Box Tops without using scissors at all!
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.