Parent eNews CMS Weekly
Friday, November 1, 2019 (Week#11)
Principals' Weekly Update
Parent Conferences 2019
Parents & Guardians:
I can't believe that Term #1 is in the books. That being said, next week is going to be very busy with lots of events happening. Term #1 grades will become available to parents on the Parent Portal on Wednesday, November 6th. Remember, Parent Conferences will be held on Thursday, November 7th from 1:00-4:00 / 6:00-8:00 p.m. Sign up information will be emailed to you via Team Leaders and conferences will be scheduled through Sign Up Genius. Our Unified Arts conferences will be conducted through a drop in process.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!
Dean W. Packard
Phone: 5082481423 Ext. 1102
For a deeper look into what’s happening at CMS jump on our social media platforms!
Twitter: @CMS_Grizzlies (Please follow us for day-to-day information)
Instagram: CharltonMiddleSchool (Please follow us for day-to-to information)
Upcoming Events (2 Weeks)
Friday, November 1st:
- Term #1 Officially Ends
Monday, November 4th:
- Business as usual
Tuesday, November 5th:
- Business as usual
Wednesday, November 6th:
- 5th Grade Chorus to Masonic Home – Veterans Day
- Term #1 Grades Available on the Parent Portal by 10:00 a.m.
Thursday, November 7th:
- Half Day Parent/Teacher Conferences 1:00-4:00 p.m. / 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Friday, November 8th:
- Veterans Day Celebration10:00-11:00 a.m. in auditorium
- Jeff Lassey “Making Good Choices” Grades 7&8 Students 12:45 p.m.
- PTO Sponsored Dodgeball Tournament Grades 5-7 2:30-4:30 p.m. (Gym)
Monday, November 11th:
- No School - Veterans Day
Tuesday, November 12th:
- School Council 3:30-4:30 p.m. (Conference Room A)
- MPA Meeting 6:30 p.m. (Library)
Wednesday, November 13th:
- PTO Meeting 7:00 p.m. (Library)
Thursday, November 14th:
- Intramurals Mrs. Logan 2:30-3:30 p.m. (Gym)
Friday, November 16th:
- PTO John Paire Foundation Dodgeball Tournament 8th Grade at Shepherd Hill with DMS 6:30 p.m. (Shepherd Hill)
Annual CHIP-IN Food Drive & Donation Collection
Between now and November 26th, we will begin our annual campaign for supporting our local food pantry - CHIP-IN. Will will be having a contest to see what homeroom can bring in the most non-perishable can goods. All food items will be stored in the homerooms until Monday, November 25th. Let's see how much of a difference we all can make for our community! Also, last year we raised over $2,200.00 for this cause as well. We will have jars out to collect change and small donations. If you would like to get involved with us, please feel free to make a check payable to: CHIP-IN and drop it off at our school. This is such a great event each year and we couldn't do it without your support. Please e-mail me directly with any questions at email@example.com
PTO Dodgeball Tournaments
Our PTO is sponsoring two Dodgeball Tournaments. Grades 5-7 will be held on Friday, November 8th from 2:30-4:30 p.m. in our gym. Deadline to sign up is Monday, November 4th. Information can be obtained in the main office. I will also include information in PDF format at the bottom of this publication.
Our PTO will also be working with the John Paire Foundation to host the 1st combined CMS & DMS Dodgeball Tournament at Shepherd Hill. The time for this event will be 6:00 p.m. on Friday, November 15th. Teams can arrive at 5:15 p.m. Deadline to sign up will be Friday, November 8th. More information can be found below in PDF format.
Charlton PTO Events & Fundraising:
- It’s that time of year when you might be thinking of the perfect gift for your family, teachers, friends, or co-workers. What is a better gift than a gift card that also supports the Charlton PTO. Please see the attached info sheet 2019 PTO Gift Card Fundraiser and Order Form.
- Whose ready to play some dodgeball? Charlton PTO will be putting on the Dodgeball Tournament for grades 5-7 on Friday, November 8th at 2:30 to 4:30. Teams should include 6 players and are required to be mixed- 2 girls and 2 boys per team. Don’t have a team, no problem! Individuals and teams of 3 will be placed with others. Additional event details are in the Sign up Sheet & Waiver. Make sure you sign up before November 4th. Also volunteers are need for this event, please email Charltonpto@yahoo.com if you can help out with this event.
We also wanted to provide an update on our fundraising efforts and events the PTO has been able to providing funds to support:
- Our Papa Gino’s event raised over $250!
- PTO was able to support a 5th grade request of over $1000 to have students attend the Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center in CT.
It is thanks to all of your support that we have these great fundraising results and can support these school field trips and events.
Veterans Day Celebration – Friday, November 8th 10:00-11:00 a.m.
This is our annual program to recognize veterans within our community. It’s a great time by all and we look forward to making the event special for our local veterans. All local veterans are encouraged to attend. Please reach out to Principal Packard directly if you want more information about our program firstname.lastname@example.org
Term #1 Report Cards – Wednesday, November 6th
The Parent Portal will be open on Wednesday, November 6th for final Term #1 grades. You will be able to access this information by 10:00 a.m. on that day. Please e-mail Administrative Assistant, Andre if you have any questions about accessing the Parent Portal email@example.com
Parent Teacher Conferences - Thursday, November 7th 1:00-4:00 p.m. & 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Team Leaders have emailed sign up information for conferences. All conferences will run 6-8 minutes in length and will be set up through Sign Up Genius. If you don't get a conference time and want to meet with the teachers, please e-mail your child's Team Leader to coordinate a time to meet. The Unified Arts conference platform will be held on a drop in basis.
Parent Resource Section:
Mr. Packard: Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Olson: Assistant Principal email@example.com
Mary Solomita: Team Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Dragon: Grades 5&6 email@example.com
Mr. Daley: Grades 7&8 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Wildes: School Psychologist email@example.com
Mrs. Aberle: Speech Pathologist firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Harrington email@example.com
CMS’ Lunch Information
Did you know CMS offers a quick breakfast? Click below to access menu options:
Free & Reduced Lunch Information:
Term #1: August 27th - November 1st
Term #2: November 4th – January 24th
Term #3: January 27th – April 3rd
Term #4: April – Through day 180
Term #1 – Progress Report Date
Friday – October 4th (Parent Portal Opened – current status)
School Phone: 508-248-1423
District & School Calendar 2019-2020: District Calendar
District Website: District Website
CMS’ Website: CMS' Website
Parent Teacher Organization Website: PTO Website
Music Parents Association Website: Music Parents Association Website
If you have questions, please e-mail Mrs. Kasierski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online yearbooks: ybpay.lifetouch.com code: 4150620
Click here to see our weekly focus feature on Team 7-1.
Click here to access our daily announcements. Please check back often as we update items frequently.