Proven 2 Inspire Educate & Engage
Raising Aspirations & Attainment in Science & STEM
To develop pupils’ awareness of scientific enquiry through Forensic Science and the applications, techniques and authentic processes used within a Crime Scene Investigation (CSI) hands-on workshop. Introducing elements of the Criminal Justice System at an age when it really matters, additionally, assisting in transitional development.
Raise the profile of Science within the school and contribute to raised attainment & aspirations in Science
Learn about new topics and try new ideas in a less pressured ‘non-classroom’ environment
Increase interest and attitude towards Science and STEM subjects
Encourage independent working and team work, in order to approach and solve scientific problems
Our video below shows pupils engaged and on task!
- Give pupils a good overall knowledge of Forensic Science, the Criminal Justice System and Online Internet Safety issues (CEOP)
- Engage the pupils in an introduction to Scientific enquiry using Forensic Science in preparation for transition to KS3, highly recommended for Year 5 & Year 6 groups
- Give pupils the opportunity to explore areas of Forensic Science - an ideal introduction to the Science Curriculum
- Allow pupils to participate in practical ‘hands-on’ science activities using authentic equipment
- Broaden pupils’ enthusiasm for Science and STEM subjects, encouraging them to be active and curious
- Teach pupils that Science is all around them - gain a greater understanding of scientific enquiry and it’s wider aspects
- Allow pupils to gain confidence in their own thoughts and how to communicate ideas to different groups
- Pupils will learn how these Forensic Science techniques relate and integrate into everyday life and the importance that this specialist skill-set plays within today’s Criminal Justice System, encouraging & supporting Crime Prevention at an age when it really matters