August 15, 2023
Beware of Phishing
- PUSD/ITS will never ask for your account passwords and you should never share this information with anyone else.
- Always check the email address associated with the sender of an email
- Mind any warnings coming from the mail system
- When in doubt, check with the person who supposedly sent the email before you send personal information, money etc.
Screenshots of the current Phishing scam are below. Please do not click on any links within this email and report it as Spam by click on the "Report Spam" icon.
If you are a new teacher and do not have Aeries access yet, please be sure your Office Manager, Secretary, or Principal has submitted a Network Access Form for you. This will ensure that your account is properly set up in Aeries, provide you with Aeries access so you can take attendance, sync grades to the Aeries gradebook, and will help all applications sync properly.
If you are a returning staff member and have lost access to your account due to an incorrect password, please submit a Help Desk ticket so your password can be reset.
Do you need to update your password?
All accounts and applications have moved to the new PUSD Portal. Please DO NOT log into ARMS to reset passwords as it will not work. If you need to reset your password, please do so in the Portal only. If you have issues resetting your password, contact the Help Desk by calling 626-396-3699. Please have your Employee ID ready.
REMINDER: Do not move classroom phones! Doing so can cause issues with the location of the phone, which can be problematic in the event of an emergency. If a phone needs to be moved, please submit a Help Desk Ticket.
Dell Laptop Firmware Update
After a recent firmware update on the Dell laptop, you may notice that the monitor is not responsive. Please follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- On the back of your docking station, there should be a power cable. The end is barrel shaped and next to the ethernet cable.
- Unplug the power cable and wait 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cable back in.
- Disconnect your laptop from the docking station and wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect your laptop to the docking station.
Student QR Codes
Student QR codes for TK-2nd grade and Special Education students are in the process of being created and will be located in the PUSD Curriculum folder once they are complete.
- password resets
- device check in/check out
- device troubleshooting
- change phone extensions
- Aeries issues
At this time, we are experiencing a high volume of support calls, including requests for new devices, so we ask that you be patient. We look forward to assisting you as soon as possible.
Contact the Help Desk by calling 626-396-3699, extension 88830, or by submitting a ticket at gopusd.com/helpdesk. For all Aeries questions, please submit a Help Desk ticket.
New Device and/or Workstation (New and Current employees)
- New employees who need to request a new laptop (Dell only) and/or a workstation (docking station, monitor, keyboard, and mouse) must fill out a Service Request for the equipment. The teacher/staff member must personally fill out the request so ITS can verify equipment eligibility and communicate with the staff member for deployment. HERE is a how to video and HERE is the direct Service Request link.
- For current employees who are changing locations, please leave the workstation at your previous site and only take your laptop with you. If there is not a workstation at your new site, put in a request for a workstation.
You can now bulk publish/unpublish all modules or individual modules. This new feature is a game changer if you are importing content from a prior course.
Tips & Tricks
Are you having trouble locating a Shared Drive in your Google Drive? Please see the video below for how to locate Hidden Drives. Reminder: The PUSD Curriculum Drive is often hidden at the beginning of the school year.