Ada Elementary Newsletter
Important April Dates
- Friday, March 30 - Monday, April 2 - No School (Easter break)
- Tuesday, April 3 - Friday, April 6 - Autism Awareness Week
- Thursday, April 5 - 1st Grade Musical @ 1:15 and 7:00 in the auditorium
- Tuesday, April 10 - Star Reading/Early Literacy assessments
- Thursday, April 12 - Star Math assessments
- Monday, April 16 - Begin state ELA assessments (grades 3-6)
- Friday, April 20 - End of 4th 9 weeks interim
- Monday, April 23 - Begin state Math assessments (grades 3-6)
- Friday, April 27 - 2-hour early dismissal
- Thursday, May 3 - Elementary art show 5:00-6:30
- Friday, May 4 - Reading carnival
St. Jude's Mathaton
As with any test, students are encouraged to get a good night's rest and eat a healthy breakfast. Please avoid scheduling appointments on these days so that students can take the test with their peers, rather than in a make-up situation. It is also important for students to arrive to school on time.
Below is the testing schedule for the elementary building. All tests are scheduled for morning administration.
- Monday, April 16 - English Language Arts part 1, grades 3-6
- Wednesday, April 18 - English Language Arts part 2, grades 3-6
- Monday, April 23 - Mathematics part 1, grades 3-6
- Wednesday, April 25 - Mathematics part 2, grades 3-6
- Tuesday, May 1 - Science, grade 5
We know that testing is important and we encourage you to talk to your children and encourage them to do their best. But please also tell them that their Superintendent, Principals, and Teachers know there are a lot of other things about them, most of those things not measurable, but easily more important. And we love them for much more than a test score.
Teacher Request Policy
Parent requests for teachers will be considered but are not a guarantee. Parent requests must be made to the principal and meet the following guidelines:
- Classroom requests may only be made for grades kindergarten through third grade
- Parents may only request one teacher that they do not want their child to have for the next school year
- Must be made in writing to the principal by June 15
If you have a request that meets these requirements please submit them to Mr. Thaxton at firstname.lastname@example.org or by bringing in a signed note to the office.