Upload iPhone photo/video to Drive
WHPS Tech Tip
Transfer photos and videos from an iPhone to Google Drive so you can share them with colleagues, students, or families.
Manually uploading photos/videos from iPhone to Google Drive
To manually upload photos to Google Drive on an iPhone, simply follow these steps:
- To get started, go to the App Store and download and install the Google Drive app.
- Then launch the app and log into your Google account. Tap on the Drive icon from the iPhone home screen, then a list of folders will appear.
- Tap to select the folder you want to use. Alternatively, tap the Plus (+) icon located at the bottom-right corner and then create a new folder where you can store your photos/videos.
- Next, tap the blue-and-white (+) button on the screen.
- Select Upload from the given options. Doing so will let you upload files from your iPhone to Drive.
- When prompted, choose the file type you want to upload. In this case, select Photos and Videos to open our photo albums where you can select image files to upload.
- If you haven’t uploaded photos from your iPhone before, you will be asked to allow the Drive app to access your photos. To continue, tap the OK button.
- Select a photo album to open from your iPhone like Camera Rolls, Recently Added, Selfies, etc.
- Tap to select all the pictures you want to upload. When the picture is selected, it will be marked with a blue check.
When you’re done selecting photos/videos, tap the Upload button on the top-right edge of the screen. Videos may take some time to process, so you may need to give it some time and check back later.
In Drive, you can change the Share settings depending on your intended audience.