Are you at risk?
Air Pollutants and Their Effect On Humans
Kevin Hamilton, a respiratory therapist and administrator for Clinica Sierra Vista is worried that kids who have been effected by air pollution cant get better until the air quality improves.
Stop the Pollution!
If air pollution continues, the health of people in the U.S. could be effected greatly
The Future Generations
If we don't stop polluting the air then the future generations will suffer!
Stop the Pollution!
Air Pollution In The Future
Ways to Prevent Air Pollution
- Conserve energy – remember to turn off lights, computers, and electric appliances when not in use.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs and appliances.
- Participate in your local utility’s energy conservation programs.
- Limit driving by carpooling, using public transportation, biking and walking.
- Keep your automobile well tuned and maintained. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on routine maintenance, such as changing the oil and filters, and checking tire pressure and wheel alignment.
- Avoid excessive idling of your automobile.
- Use electric or hand-powered lawn care equipment.
- Be careful not to spill gasoline when filling up your car or gasoline powered lawn and garden equipment.
- Run dishwashers and clothes washers only when full.
- Choose environmentally friendly cleaners.
- Use water-based or solvent free paints whenever possible and buy products that say "low VOC".
"Air Pollutants." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 24 Nov. 2014. Web. 06 Apr. 2015.
"Air Pollution." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 11 Dec. 2014. Web. 06 Apr. 2015.
Marsa, Linda. "California's Air Pollution Causes Asthma, Allergies and Premature Births." Discover Magazine. Kalmbach Publishing Co, 7 June 2013. Web. 16 Apr. 2015.
"Public Health Issues." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 24 Nov. 2014. Web. 06 Apr. 2015.
"What Can I Do to Help Reduce Air Pollution? - Air Quality Monitoring and Data Program - NH Department of Environmental Services." NH Department of Environmental Services. N.p., 2014. Web. 20 Apr. 2015.
All Images From iClipart for Schools