The Triton Tribune Parent Edition
Be Kind ~ Be Awesome ~ Make The Right Choices
Volume 3 ~ Issue 35 ~ May 9, 2022
Amazing Triton Families,
“Finishing strong is an everyday occurrence as there will never be a race, goal, day, quarter or year that does not come to an end. This means finishing strong is not an act…it’s a habit.” ~ Gary Ryan Blair
Happy Mothers' Day to all our Triton moms. I hope that your family spoiled you today. You truly deserve it.19 days and counting! These next three weeks will go really fast and the next thing you know it is summer vacation. Eighth graders, you only have two weeks before your finals. If you have any missing assignments, please make sure that you get them turned in as long as your teachers allow it. You do not want your grades to be determined by the final exams. Grades for 8th graders will be submitted by May 27, 2022 at 5:00pm. Seventh graders, your final exams will start on May 27 and end on June 1. Make sure you also finish strong by passing all your classes. This way, you don't spend the first week of summer in summer school. We got this. Finishing strong is even more important than starting.
2022 Classified Support Staff Appreciation Week
This week, we are celebrating our support staff! This school cannot run without our support staff. Our front office staff ensures that you are services as efficiently as possible. We have custodians and gardeners who take care of the campus. Our cafeteria staff works diligently to feed as many students as possible. Our campus assistants ensure that our campus is safe and our instructional assistants ensure that our most at-risk students have the help they need in their classrooms. Please join me in recognizing our support staff.
Eighth Grade Events Update
As we near the end of the school year, there are many activities in which 8th graders are able to participate or will be invited to participate. Below are the dates of events in the last two weeks of school; this includes promotion. Please add them to your calendar. Also, there are questions that many of you have been asking so here are the answers as best I know:
- Do I need to attend school on June 2 and June 3? The official answer is YES because the official last day of school is June 3. Families will need to determine if they plan to take those days off as excused absences but families need to make those decisions NOT the school.
- Do I need to attend promotion ceremonies? The official answer is NO. Families need to make those decision also.
- What if I don't pay all my unpaid balances in the library? The balances will transfer to your respective high schools where it will remain until you pick up your high school diploma. You will not be able to receive your diploma if you have unpaid balances.
- What if I was transfer student in 8th grade and I went to a different school in 7th grade, will I still be eligible for the presidential or scholarship awards? The answer is YES. If we have received your academic records, then those grades will be calculated for those awards.
Textbook and IPAD Return Information
- Eighth graders will return all textbooks and IPADs starting May 27. IPAD returns include the charging block. All unpaid bills will be forwarded to the high school.
- Seventh graders will return textbooks and will keep their IPADs. Parents, if you do not want your child to retain the IPAD over the summer, please let Mr. Nafarrete know so that he can arrange a return.
Summer School/Summer Bridge Information
7th Graders, if you received an F last semester and is on track to get an F or more this semester, you will have an opportunity to recover the lost credits this summer. You will have an opportunity to make up two (2) credits. If you fit this description, then your counselor will be contacting you shortly.
If you have incoming 7th graders, they will have an opportunity to participate in a week-long summer bridge program. Enrollment is now open. Click on this LINK to enroll your incoming 7th grader to our summer bridge program.
For Your Information Section
Please read through this section as there are several announcement pertaining to school in the next few weeks. Some include upcoming events that the district assembled for you, the parents.
Let's have a wonderful week!
Starting this week, limited tutoring will be available in the mornings and afternoons. Please check the image below for access.
May and June is the time for us to practice all our eight (8) Triton Traits.