Monday April 12
Theme 8 Week 1 Farm Animals
You will review the STAR, BALLOON, DRAIN, and PRETZEL breathing activities. Pick one to do for the day after reviewing them.
Commitment for the week: Have your child pick which commitment they would like to try for the day: Helping Hands, using My Big Voice, Listening Ears, Kind Words
Animals begins with A.
- Read the words in each sentence.
- Count the number of words in their sentence.
- Identify letter a in the sentence.
Moving and Learning
Take picture walk through the book talk about the animals that you see and what a farmers job is on a farm.
Letters of the Week A,F,P,HG,N
Build a KWL chart about farms and farm animals.
K= What do you know about farms and farm animals?
W=What do you want to know about farms and farm animals?
L= What have you learned about farms and farm animals? ( Wait until later on in the week to fill in this part of the chart. You can add to this at the end of each day.)
Daily Literacy Practice
- writing your name (first and last)
- practice saying the letters and sounds of the letters when someone points to the letters in random order
- Review flashcards for letters that you have already covered from previous weeks.
- Find things in your house that start with each letter we have studied.
- Play a memory game matching uppercase and lowercase letters using the flashcards that you have made.
- Choose 2 -3 letters and make groups of items in your house that start with those sounds.
- build 3 letter words and practice reading them. Ex: cat, bat, bug. rug
Identifying Numbers 1-20 and counting groups 1-10
like objects to use for counting
number flashcards for numbers 1-20
practice identifying numbers in mixed orders and counting out groups of objects up to 10.