The Weekly Wildcat
Richlands High School's Weekly Newsletter- Week of 9/19/2016
Whats for Lunch?
RHS School Calendar
Whats for Lunch?
RHS School Calendar
Wild about Good Deeds!
This week our community and staff caught our Wildcats doing great deeds around campus. Here is a shout out to those caught being good!
- Jason Starr, Austin Whitehurst, Will Holley, and Ross King from Dr. Jones' class cleaned out the weeds by the press box. Thanks for helping make our campus beautiful!
- Malik Matthews, for keeping Wildcat Country clean after school, and for helping assist another peer throughout the day!
See Mrs. Turner Monday Morning (office in the 200 Hallway) for a special treat!
- Yearbooks are on sale for the incredibly low price of just $50! Visit http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1051343/Richlands-High-School/ to purchase yours!
- Do you need practice for the SAT? Are you a junior who is interested in the National Merit Scholarship program? If so, you need to sign up to take the PSAT with Mrs. Jarman in the 200 hall.
- PSAT will be given at RHS on Wednesday, October 19th. There are only a few slots are available and a $15 fee is required when you sign up. Please see Mrs. Jarman in the 200 hall if you are interested
FTA is having their annual mum sale again this year! They will be $6 each. They come in a variety of colors. The typical colors are red, white, yellow, purple, and orange. If you would like to order, please send Mrs. Metts how many you want (specify colors or state no preference) and send a check/cash next week.
- SADD club wants to remind you that September is Suicide prevention month. Help promote awareness by wearing as much yellow as possible on Wednesday, September 21st
- Skills USA- Do you like Bojangles? Support Skills USA by buying a $5.00 coupon book to Bojangles. See Mr. K. Brown in the shop or the front office to get yours today! Lots of coupons and buy one get one free coupons!
Guidance/ Scholarship Resources
- A representative from Coastal Carolina Community College will be on campus on Tuesday, September 20th. Sign up in guidance if you would like to schedule a meeting.
- The AES Scholarship is available online; see guidance or a copy of the announcements on the RHS website for the online address to apply. http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm. The application deadline is October 6th.
- Leaders Save Lives Scholarship Program is a scholarship opportunity for high school and college students. You will gain a meaningful leadership and community service experience by hosting a lifesaving blood drive. For more details, please stop by guidance or visit the American Red Cross website the Leaders Save Lives Program.
- Seniors: Are you interested in the Honor College at Penn State? If so, they are holding an Open House next Friday, September 16th. Come by guidance for more information.
- The BBB Torch Scholarship is AVAILABLE! Come by guidance for a copy of the application! It will be due November 30, 2016.
- Have you done a lot of community service over the last year? If so, you might want to consider fill out an application for the 2017 Prudential Spirit of Community Award! Should you have any questions, please come by guidance!
- The Horatio Alger Scholarship is now available! Students may apply online now until October 25th. Please visit www.scholars.horatioalger.org to fill out an application!
- 2017 Catholic Daughters of America Scholarship is available now in guidance. Applicants must be of the Catholic faith, need to complete the application, along with a personal statement of college and career goals and 2 letters of recommendation. Please come by guidance to pick up your application! Applications are due April 10, 2017.
- North Carolina State University’s College of Natural Resources is inviting high school students to PATHWAYS on September 24, 2016. PATHWAYS is an open house where prospective students can follow different interest paths and explore the technology being used and research being done within the college, while getting to meet with alumni working professionally in the field, current students and staff. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919.515-8659 or see guidance.
College Fair- Over 50 Colleges will be there! Will YOU?
Northside High School
365 Commons Drive S.
Jacksonville NC, 28546
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28th, 2016
6:00-6:30- Middle School Students Only
6:30-8:00 High School Students Only
SENIORS! SENIORS! SENIORS!
- Senior Information Night September 26, 2016 RHS Auditorium 6:30 p.m. Drawings will be held at the end of the night! Seniors need to be in attendance!
- Any senior who is planning to apply to NC STATE or UNC and is interested in being nominated to compete for a full-ride scholarship; PARK or MOREHEAD-CAIN, please see Guidance. Information will be due on Monday, September 19th by the close of business to the Guidance department
- Attention Senior Athletes: The Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship is OPEN! If you are interested, you can apply online see guidance for the website address. The deadline to apply is October 3rd
- Seniors, there are ongoing opportunities available for you in planning your college future. Be sure to check with guidance for all the opportunities available.
Be Cool- Come to School!
Students, attendance in school is very important! If you are absent from school, you must provide an excuse when you return. If you bring in a note to leave school for a doctor’s appointment, you must bring in proof of a doctor’s visit. Drivers; all notes to check out of school MUST include a reason for checking out. Notes indicating the checkout is for an "appointment " is not sufficient. If absence is for a funeral, copy of obituary or program is required. Turn your notes into the front office as soon as you get to school in the morning. Remember you are only allowed 10 days excused or unexcused!
Chocolate + Learning= Delicious Fun!
Sports News and Updates
- Anyone who is interested in being part of the RHS Swim Team, please stop by and see Dr. Beaty in room 1110·
- If you are planning on attending baseball workouts beginning Monday, September 19th, you MUST have a current physical on file and have completed your concussion paper work
- The cross country team is looking for new members, if interested, please see Coach T. Brown in Hut 8.
- Yard Signs!! Show your support by purchasing a yard sign to display at home or work! Signs are $20.00/ All proceeds will be a donation to the Richlands Football Team. The signs are double sided and read: Wildcat Country(Top), Wildcat image (Middle) Ground and Pound(Bottom) To purchase a sign or if you have any questions you may contact: Jennifer Hall (910)-389-4597, Kim Metts (910)330-2584, or Jennifer Murphy (910)330-8157
A week of Scores:
- Hard loss against Lejeune 1-8.
- JV tops White Oak 2-1
- JV- 0 vs. Havelock-2
- Varsity has been busy this week!
- 9/12: Varsity -1 vs East Duplin- 3
- 9/13: Varsity -3 vs. Havelock-1
- 9/15: Varsity -3 vs. White Oak-1
- JV soccer in in the won over White Oak 3-1! Way to go WildCats
- Varsity Soccer vs. Jacksonville 1-0! Way to go WildCats
- Varsity Soccer vs. White Oak 0-1.
- Varsity Football- 8 vs Dixon-41