The Daily Bruin September 19, 2022
COMPLETE THE DATA FOR SCHOOL FUNDING FORM
Bruin Staff Spotlight
Click on photos below for info!
Concurrent enrollment! If you are a 10th, 11th or 12th grader and are interested in free college classes, including books during the Spring 2023 semester please click here for more information. If you want to enroll please click here to fill out the interest form.
Before and After School tutoring is now available.
- Black Student Union on 9/21 at 2:15p in room 600.
- SENIORS: The last day to take senior photos on campus is Sept. 22. For the Sept. 22 date, you must make an appointment with Ms. D in the yearbook room. If you want the larger photo sessions, you must make an appointment online with Lifetouch. Hurry, there are only 3 days left (Sept. 19, 20,21). LAST DAY for senior photos is Sept 23 (that option you must drive to the studio).
- Saturday School!. If you need to attend please sign up by clicking the link below! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScx93gK01WTi9XKHeozc2t9sARoiBzo7oxVlzS8iIgGgwDJ_w/viewform
- Senior Meeting - Period 5 on Wednesday, September 21. Information about Senior Activities, attendance, graduation, etc. You will go to period first to check in and then head to the GYM for the meeting.
- Bruins travel is planning their next trips. They are going to Rome and Florence in June 2024 and Mexico City and Yucatan in July 2024. If you are interested please contact Mr. Ayala at email@example.com
- Attention juniors and seniors! The ASVAB will be held Tuesday October 18 periods 1 through 4. The ASVAB is a career exploration assessment that helps students identify potential careers based on their academic strengths and interests. Please sign up in the counseling office if you are interested. If you have questions, please see Mr. Johnson in counseling.
- Students - do you have a job? If so, your Work Permit is about to expire. Getting a new one is easy, but does take time. Please pick up a new Work Permit Request Form. It is green and can be found either in the Counseling Office, the front office or the Career Center (next to the Library). Once the form is filled out completely, please return it to Mrs. Bishop in the Career Center for processing. Processing takes a few days at the beginning of the year, as there are many students at all schools in need of new Work Permits. Don't wait - start your renewal today!
- Class of 2026 be sure to follow Bruins Link Crew on Instagram for helpful tips and upcoming events. @bruinslinkcrew
- Seniors - buy your Senior Packages! There are Gold, Blue and Navy package available. Last day to buy packages is October 7. More information can be found at the Business Office. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a_4xWxD3bkB9R_zT33NicJ8eF89hNbBJ/view?usp=sharing
Baseball tryouts are Monday Sept 19 through Friday Sept 23. Please report to the Varsity baseball field immediately after school. You Must have an athletic clearance on file.
- Want to build quality friendships? Want to get in shape and have fun doing so? Join Cross Country/ Track and Field and help us defend our Sunkist League Title! We are meeting and having tryouts every day of August after school. All you need to try out are running shoes, shirt, shorts, and a good attitude.
- Interested in playing a winter or spring sport? Here are the tryout dates for each:
Remember you must be fully cleared to try out with a sports physical performed by a doctor.
Comp cheer- Oct 4th and 6th
Baseball- (meeting Aug 25th) tryouts Sept 19-23
Softball- Sept 29th and 30th
Track- December TBD
Boys volleyball- December TBD
Weekly Sports Schedule
Wednesday, September 21:
4:00 PM Volleyball (JV) - Grand Terrace - Home
5:30 PM Volleyball (VR)- Grand Terrace - Home
Thursday, September 22:
4:00 PM Football (JV) - La Quinta - Home
Friday, September 23:
4:00 PM Volleyball (JV) - San Gorgonio - Home
5:30 PM Volleyball (VR)- San Gorgonio - Home
7:00 PM Football (VR) - La Quinta - Away
Class of 2024 - Orange
Class of 2025 - Red
Class of 2026 - Purple
Need something added:
To have an announcement put into The Daily Bruin
please email Mrs. Sutherland