By Madison, Selena and Ileana.
What does Social Class have to do with it?
Some Popular Foods of the Victorian Diet
10 Facts About Victorian Foods
2. The diet of people who couldn't afford much was rather terrible.
3. Those who were employed with good wages and those who worked on a farm ate a better, more expensive diet.
4. Wealth could be displayed during meal times. For example, the certain plates that were used when eating could represent how much money that certain family had.
5. Breakfast was considered an essential meal of the day.
6. Victorians first invented afternoon tea.
7. The menu of Victorian foods didn't vary much, it was usually the same foods every week.
8. Towards the end of the Victorian era, fish and chips became relatively popular.
9. Ranges and ovens were improved over time.
10. This era was the first to use tinned food.